Is it possible to recover mails after reformatting the C Drive ??

Is it possible to recover mails after reformatting the C Drive ??

Post by pks51 » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:07:47

I have win2000 pro. I had to reformat the C drive of the system. But no
backup was taken for outlook that time. After reinstalling the win2000
pro I came to know there was a mail account in the system.
Is there is any way to recover those mails... Pls help me some one.

I found some tools in the net to recover the deleted mails. But no
tools to recover the mails after the drive is reformatted.

Kindly help me to solve this problem.

Thanks

Is it possible to recover mails after reformatting the C Drive ??

Post by Frank Saunders, MSMVP-O » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 19:46:46

Quote:>I have win2000 pro. I had to reformat the C drive of the system. But no
> backup was taken for outlook that time. After reinstalling the win2000
> pro I came to know there was a mail account in the system.
> Is there is any way to recover those mails... Pls help me some one.

> I found some tools in the net to recover the deleted mails. But no
> tools to recover the mails after the drive is reformatted.

> Kindly help me to solve this problem.

> Thanks

No

--
Frank Saunders

Is it possible to recover mails after reformatting the C Drive ??

Post by Erik » Fri, 03 Mar 2006 20:34:03

If the emails are really valuable, some data-recovery companys can
recover your files. First of all, you should not try to recover
'emails', but recover the 'files' which contain your emails. If you
manage to recover these, you have a little chance...

In the good old dos-time, there was a command like 'unformat', but this
will require you to delete your new win2000 installation. Perhaps some
other programs are able to recover the files, but you have little
chance to do it yourself, as your win2000 installation might have
overwritten the physical datastorage of your old outlook files.

Good luck!

pks519 schreef:

Quote:> I have win2000 pro. I had to reformat the C drive of the system. But no
> backup was taken for outlook that time. After reinstalling the win2000
> pro I came to know there was a mail account in the system.
> Is there is any way to recover those mails... Pls help me some one.

> I found some tools in the net to recover the deleted mails. But no
> tools to recover the mails after the drive is reformatted.

> Kindly help me to solve this problem.

> Thanks

Is it possible to recover mails after reformatting the C Drive ??

Post by Michael Santove » Sat, 04 Mar 2006 10:16:27

There's chance that this program could recover some of the messages:

DBXpress - http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx

Post by N. Mille » Sat, 04 Mar 2006 10:46:04

>>I have win2000 pro. I had to reformat the C drive of the system. But no
>> backup was taken for outlook that time. After reinstalling the win2000
>> pro I came to know there was a mail account in the system.
>> Is there is any way to recover those mails... Pls help me some one.

>> I found some tools in the net to recover the deleted mails. But no
>> tools to recover the mails after the drive is reformatted.

>> Kindly help me to solve this problem.

>> Thanks
> There's chance that this program could recover some of the messages:

> DBXpress - http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx

Won't he first need some kind of recovery program to locate the .dbx files?
He formatted the HDD, so he needs a program which can locate overwritten
.dbx file which existed prior to the format; or do those programs include
that capability?

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

Post by Frank Saunders, MSMVP-O » Sat, 04 Mar 2006 11:50:58

>>>I have win2000 pro. I had to reformat the C drive of the system. But no
>>> backup was taken for outlook that time. After reinstalling the win2000
>>> pro I came to know there was a mail account in the system.
>>> Is there is any way to recover those mails... Pls help me some one.

>>> I found some tools in the net to recover the deleted mails. But no
>>> tools to recover the mails after the drive is reformatted.

>>> Kindly help me to solve this problem.

>>> Thanks

>> There's chance that this program could recover some of the messages:

>> DBXpress - http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx

> Won't he first need some kind of recovery program to locate the .dbx
> files?
> He formatted the HDD, so he needs a program which can locate overwritten
> .dbx file which existed prior to the format; or do those programs include
> that capability?

> --
> Norman

Actually, format usually doesn't overwrite the data on the hard drive, it
just removes all of the directories and OEXpress examines every cluster and
recovers what it thinks looks like a message or part of a message.

--
Frank Saunders, MS MVP, OE,WM
Please reply in newsgroup.  Do not send email!

Is it possible to recover mails after reformatting the C Drive ??

Post by Steve Cochra » Thu, 09 Mar 2006 05:40:25

No.  DBXpress will read the disk clusters directly, specifically searching
for OE messages.  It will search the entire hard drive independent of the
file system and if there are messages there, it will find them.  I tested it
when I wrote it by copying dbx files onto a hard drive and then formatted
the hard drive and then I recovered over 30,000 messages.

Its a very nice feature for those who have gotten the compaction bug
(www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#2) as there's a good chance the previous
messages are still there from before the compaction started.

Its also the only program that does this.

cheers,

steve

>>>I have win2000 pro. I had to reformat the C drive of the system. But no
>>> backup was taken for outlook that time. After reinstalling the win2000
>>> pro I came to know there was a mail account in the system.
>>> Is there is any way to recover those mails... Pls help me some one.

>>> I found some tools in the net to recover the deleted mails. But no
>>> tools to recover the mails after the drive is reformatted.

>>> Kindly help me to solve this problem.

>>> Thanks

>> There's chance that this program could recover some of the messages:

>> DBXpress - http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx

> Won't he first need some kind of recovery program to locate the .dbx
> files?
> He formatted the HDD, so he needs a program which can locate overwritten
> .dbx file which existed prior to the format; or do those programs include
> that capability?

> --
> Norman
> ~Oh Lord, why have you come
> ~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

1. Is it possible to reformat just one Hard Drive?

Hello there

I am desperately seeking help.  My computer has two separate hard drives -
c: and d: (the cd rom is e:).

Through installing and removing various programme (not too successfully)
my whole machine has become very unstable and seems to be clogged up with
rubbish.  The only alternative as I see it is to completely reformat my
machine and start again.  Alternatively is it possible to put some of my
data onto the d: drive and just reformat c:   This would mean that I
wouldn't have to save all my existing data onto floppy disks.

My fear is that I am not too sure how to do this.  We live in a remote
area and so do not have easy access to libraries/bookshops and therefore
it is very difficult to get help.  We also only have the one computer so
if it fails I won;t have any means of contacting anyone via the web.

Is there someone out there who would be able to take me through the
procedure step by step before I attempt to do anything??

Many thanks

Marika

2. winME won't load up, reinstall

3. I am reformatting win98

4. Clicks & Pops

5. Recover WIN XP boot manager after REFORMAT?

6. Compressed bitmaps don't work with CBitmapButton

7. Recover Win XP boot manager after reformat?

8. help me

9. Recover WIN XP boot manager after REFORMAT

10. Recovering WIN XP boot manager after reformat

11. Recover Reformatted HD?

12. I am getting "Windows has recovered from a device failure" message

13. reformatted a compressed drive/host drive, now what do I do?