Mail dissappearing from Outlook Express Folder

Mail dissappearing from Outlook Express Folder

Post by Graeme Carstair » Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:56:56

Hi,

I installed the IE6 Beta over a fully working Win2k Installation of IE5.5
sp1.

Since the install everything in IE6 has been fine.

In Outlook Express however I am constantly loosing mail, the folder setup
seemd to change whenever it wants, I loose folders, and loose mail form
within folders.

I have tried to uninstall IE6 to go back to OE5, but I have no uninstall
option for it.

Anyone have any suggestions for removeing IE6, or just going back to OE5

Thanks
Graeme

Mail dissappearing from Outlook Express Folder

Post by Graeme Carstair » Wed, 13 Jun 2001 21:16:16

Following on from posting this, I found out how to remove IE6, unfortunately
IE6 was removed but I have been left with OE6 which is what I wanted rid of
in the first place.
How can I remove OE6.

Thanks

Quote:> Hi,

> I installed the IE6 Beta over a fully working Win2k Installation of IE5.5
> sp1.

> Since the install everything in IE6 has been fine.

> In Outlook Express however I am constantly loosing mail, the folder setup
> seemd to change whenever it wants, I loose folders, and loose mail form
> within folders.

> I have tried to uninstall IE6 to go back to OE5, but I have no uninstall
> option for it.

> Anyone have any suggestions for removeing IE6, or just going back to OE5

> Thanks
> Graeme

Mail dissappearing from Outlook Express Folder

Post by Joseph Pedros » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:36:56

Copy of my later post for your info:
(Read from the bottom up)

Joe.

> Following on from posting this, I found out how to remove IE6,
unfortunately
> IE6 was removed but I have been left with OE6 which is what I wanted rid
of
> in the first place.
> How can I remove OE6.

> Thanks

> > Hi,

> > I installed the IE6 Beta over a fully working Win2k Installation of
IE5.5
> > sp1.

> > Since the install everything in IE6 has been fine.

> > In Outlook Express however I am constantly loosing mail, the folder
setup
> > seemd to change whenever it wants, I loose folders, and loose mail form
> > within folders.

> > I have tried to uninstall IE6 to go back to OE5, but I have no uninstall
> > option for it.

> > Anyone have any suggestions for removeing IE6, or just going back to OE5

> > Thanks
> > Graeme

1. Outlook Express wont download pop3 mail on specific PC - Calling Outlook Express experts.

Hello there,

I have the most unusual problem and unfortunely do not have much to go on as
I do not have access to the specific PC.

I was at a client site setting up there different Pop3 email accounts.
BEfore my visit they had one PC which would pick up all the email for each
different email box but I changed this around so that the different accounts
would go to the different individuals PC's. However, on one of the PC's,
when I enetered the exact same username and details, it would always say
that an "unkown error" had occured and would let me send any emails although
it would seem to check if any were on the server.

When I tried the same details on the original PC it worked fine, but then
putting the same details into this specific PC would always cause Outlook
Express not to send any emails with the "unknown error" error.

One other thing I did note that occasionally when I closed Outlook Express
it would then give a memory address refernce error or something similar (I
did not note the exact error).

This absolutely flumoxed me and becuase I was on client site I said I would
investigate this and get back to them. I did not want to look so confused
especially as they were trying to do work on the PC's I was setting up.

I know there is not much to go on, but can anyone think what is happening
here.

Kind regards

Dave

2. Logitech QuickCam Zoom required .inf not found-WinXP Pro SP2

3. Lost Outlook express mail, sent mail, deleted mail,

4. Image recognition

5. Transfer address book/folders to Outlook Express 6 from Outlook Express 5?

6. dial up server on peer to peer

7. "importing" previous/old outlook express email folders to outlook express 6.0

8. Sent Bcc list dumped into Cc list....oh dear!

9. Copying Outlook Express mail folders with their messages to my local system

10. Outlook Express Sent Mail folder - BCC List

11. Resoring Outlook Express .dbx mail folders to new OE.

12. Outlook Express Mail Folders

13. all mail dispear, but all the .dbx files still in the outlook express folder