Same "image", ie6 "hangs" on some websites on some PC's.

Same "image", ie6 "hangs" on some websites on some PC's.

Post by R » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 17:54:09

Hi,

Evaluating corporate image of XP Pro, sysprepped and ghosted, and are
testing on 2 PC's and one laptop - all from same image.

All works well - apart from IE6!  On the PC's, going to "clever"
websites, the PC "stalls" with "iexplorer.exe" hogging all CPU for
about a couple of minutes, then eventually works.  Laptop is fine.

PC started to work, then started to fail again.

Some websites are JAVASCRIPT and not JAVA, though we've tried
different versions of MS Java and Sun Java to no avail.

As mentioned - install is from same ghost image.

We're stuck on this one, and sadly its a showstopper....

Any ideas?

Thanks

RJ

1. Same "image", ie6 "hangs" on some websites on some PC's.

Hi,

Evaluating corporate image of XP Pro, sysprepped and ghosted, and are
testing on 2 PC's and one laptop - all from same image.

All works well - apart from IE6!  On the PC's, going to "clever"
websites, the PC "stalls" with "iexplorer.exe" hogging all CPU for
about a couple of minutes, then eventually works.  Laptop is fine.

PC started to work, then started to fail again.

Some websites are JAVASCRIPT and not JAVA, though we've tried
different versions of MS Java and Sun Java to no avail.

As mentioned - install is from same ghost image.

We're stuck on this one, and sadly its a showstopper....

Any ideas?

Thanks

RJ

2. Transferring Word Perfect Files to Microsoft Word

3. "New Message", "Send Page" & "Send a Link" from IE6

4. CD-ROM does not recognize the CDs

5. |||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

6. comp.os.ms-windows.win95.misc,comp.os.ms-windows.win95.setup

7. can't access "windows explorer" , "my computer", "control panel"

8. IE6 and downloading files

9. WANTED """ NT 3.51 Training Videos """" WANTED

10. Can't open "GIF" and "JPEG" Images in XP

11. wmp copy to cd """ error """

12. subfolders of "Sent Items" show "From" instead of "To"

13. "My Documents" - using "search" and "Send to"