Netscape to IE 6.0 JPEGS

Post by Rob » Wed, 12 Jun 2002 22:23:27

After downloading IE 6.0 and deleting Netscape, all my
JPEGS remained formatted for Netscape.  Now files will not
open and "searching" function appears.  How do I convert
all of my JPEG files to open with IE?  When I switched to
Netscape, all the file automatically changed?

Netscape to IE 6.0 JPEGS

Post by jerry watkin » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 02:23:02

  Plain and simple ,You can't. IE 6.0 does not open
jpeg ,for some * reason bmp!Only thing I can think of
put Netscape back in ,make IE the default browser and use
Netscape to work with jpeg when you need it. I have same
problem ,had IE5.01 upgraded to 6.0 when new provider took

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>After downloading IE 6.0 and deleting Netscape, all my
>JPEGS remained formatted for Netscape.  Now files will
not
>open and "searching" function appears.  How do I convert
>all of my JPEG files to open with IE?  When I switched to
>Netscape, all the file automatically changed?
>.

Netscape to IE 6.0 JPEGS

Post by marvi » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 04:59:24

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

Hi Rob
  Try this
  Put your cursor over the file you want to open. Hold
down the Shift key. Assuming your mouse is configured the
usual way, hold down the right mouse button. You should
see a menu that has a line that begins something
like "Open with.... "
Select "Choose program" and then select whatever program
you'd like to open the file with. Usually most people use
IEexplorer.
 Marvin

Quote:>After downloading IE 6.0 and deleting Netscape, all my
>JPEGS remained formatted for Netscape.  Now files will
not
>open and "searching" function appears.  How do I convert
>all of my JPEG files to open with IE?  When I switched to
>Netscape, all the file automatically changed?
>.

1. Viewing saved JPEGs with I.E. 6.0 problems

When viewing saved pictures from my hard-drive I am having
some problems:-  I clicked on "Properties" and changed the
setting for my JPEGs to open with I.E., which they now do,
HOWEVER, when I click on the file-address of the JPEG in
the "History" folder of I.E. the picture ALWAYS loads in a
new window - how can I stop the JPEG from opening a new
window each time I want to view a picture from my History
folder and just let the picture open in the current window?

I never had this problem when I was running Windows 2000
Professional - I now use Windows XP.

Many thanks for any help you can furnish.

PS I would use Picture Viewer, but I a) prefer viewing
pics with I.E. and b) because pictire viewer keeps on
crashing my system.

2. How do I disable Pop-up ads?

3. JPEG Files in IE 6.0 - Opening in Multiple Windows

4. fdisk and format under win xp

5. IE 6.0 opens a jpeg attachment in a new window and can't save it

6. HELP!!!

7. IE not allowing me to save JPEG files as JPEGs

8. Problem installing Windows 2000 on a PC with a new motherboard

9. Comparing IE 5.0 & IE 5.5 & IE 6.0

10. Flash 6.0 Animations Flicker in IE but not in Netscape

11. Netscape 6.2.3 killed my IE 6.0

12. IE 6.0 as buggy as Netscape 6.2

13. Please help...TD Height works in Netscape, not IE 6.0