Blank messages in OE

Post by Jonatha » Sat, 01 May 2004 08:21:14

Hi all,

I work in telephone tech support, and I've had a lot of
calls about this OE error where all the messages are
blank.  The regsvr32 inetcomm.dll fix has fixed the
problem in every case, but I'm still left without answers
as to what's going on.  Does anyone know:

1)  What is causing this error in the first place?

2)  Has Microsoft produced a KB document about this issue
and how to fix it?

Thanks,

- Jonathan

Blank messages in OE

Post by Bruce Hage » Sat, 01 May 2004 09:51:34

It is probably Spyware, but it only started in mid March. So wait a
bit until everything about it is known.
--
Bruce Hagen
   ~IB-CA~

Quote:> Hi all,

> I work in telephone tech support, and I've had a lot of
> calls about this OE error where all the messages are
> blank.  The regsvr32 inetcomm.dll fix has fixed the
> problem in every case, but I'm still left without answers
> as to what's going on.  Does anyone know:

> 1)  What is causing this error in the first place?

> 2)  Has Microsoft produced a KB document about this issue
> and how to fix it?

> Thanks,

> - Jonathan

Blank messages in OE

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/O » Sat, 01 May 2004 13:37:28

Quote:> Hi all,

> I work in telephone tech support, and I've had a lot of
> calls about this OE error where all the messages are
> blank.  The regsvr32 inetcomm.dll fix has fixed the
> problem in every case, but I'm still left without answers
> as to what's going on.  Does anyone know:

> 1)  What is causing this error in the first place?

> 2)  Has Microsoft produced a KB document about this issue
> and how to fix it?

> Thanks,

> - Jonathan

Right now we're fairly sure some spyware or hijackware is doing it, but we
don't know which yet.  If "regsvr32 inetcomm.dll" fixes it then it's pretty
important to eliminate the parasite(s).
See
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup.  Do not send email