Internet Explorer Loads on Start-up

Post by Daniel Poole » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 03:50:10

Why does internet explorer load up twice as soon as
windows loads on my computer.

Internet Explorer Loads on Start-up

Post by Alan Edward » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 04:29:25

You probably have it in your startup.
Check in Msconfig for any oddities.
(Start-Run-MSCONFIG-Startup tab)
If you cannot see anything in Msconfig then:

Start-Run-msinfo32
Click the + beside Software Environment to expand.
Click Startup Programs
Ctrl+A to Select All, Ctrl+C to Copy.
Paste  that information in your message.

If you find these two lines in Win.ini, start worrying:
load=iexplore.exe
run=iexplore.exe
If there, change them to:
run=
load=

...Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser, "Daniel Pooley"

>Why does internet explorer load up twice as soon as
>windows loads on my computer.

1. Internet Explorer 5 On Mac OS 8.5.1 Will Not Open/Start/Load

I've installed IE 5 on my G3 Mac both by downloading and from CD. In
neither case can I get the program to run - the flash screen appears
briefly, then nothing happens. Microsoft technical people have been
unable to help. I assume there must be some sort of conflict problem.
Does anyone have a fix for this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Can't create new user

3. How to load Outlook Express automatically when Internet Explorer starts

4. Today on PDA Dispatch: Cool rumor forthcoming "Jupiter" class unit

5. not my homepage loads on starting Internet Explorer v6

6. ME Crashes

7. Internet Explorer slow start-up

8. Fonts

9. Internet Explorer Slow Start-Up

10. Internet Explorer Add pop ups

11. pop-ups on Microsoft Internet Explorer

12. pop ups freezing internet explorer

13. Pop ups Freeze Internet Explorer 6