Can I get multiple inbox's for multiple users

Can I get multiple inbox's for multiple users

Post by Mark H » Sat, 29 Nov 2003 10:26:14

I have two users sharing a computer.  We would rather NOT
put each others email in the same inbox, but have two
inbox's.  Can there be multiple instances of OE running
on one computer?  Is it possible to have two separate
email accounts going to two separate folders?
thanks!

Can I get multiple inbox's for multiple users

Post by Rick » Sat, 29 Nov 2003 12:06:31

OutlookExpress suppports multiple "Identities". Well at least OE5 and up do.
Perfect for multiple users on one computer.

Quote:> I have two users sharing a computer.  We would rather NOT
> put each others email in the same inbox, but have two
> inbox's.  Can there be multiple instances of OE running
> on one computer?  Is it possible to have two separate
> email accounts going to two separate folders?
> thanks!

Can I get multiple inbox's for multiple users

Post by Ron Somme » Sat, 29 Nov 2003 12:11:58

Only one instance of OE.
Each Windows login would have a separate Inbox.
If you use the same Windows login, create an OE Identity for each email
account.
Each email account needs a separate password.
You can create an icon for each Identity:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/tips/forceid.htm
--
Ron Sommer

Quote:> I have two users sharing a computer.  We would rather NOT
> put each others email in the same inbox, but have two
> inbox's.  Can there be multiple instances of OE running
> on one computer?  Is it possible to have two separate
> email accounts going to two separate folders?
> thanks!

1. New article on OE multiple addresses, multiple Identities and multiple User Accounts

Here is my latest article for the IE Community website. It's one of those
articles I've been meaning to write for the last 5 years or so. :-)

A Multitude of Multiples: Using Outlook Express with Multiple E-mail Addresses,
Multiple Accounts, and Multiple Identities
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/identity.mspx

--
Tom Koch, MVP for IE/Outlook Express
http://www.insideOE.com/

2. Win95: Getting rid of MSDOS Compatibility Mode

3. Multiple users and multiple Outlook accounts

4. open folder at bootup

5. Windows XP, Multiple User Accounts, Multiple NIC, managing routes on startup

6. Links in O.E.6 don't work after update.

7. Multiple users, multiple hosts

8. Starting Encoding Automatically

9. Windows XP, Multiple User Accounts, Multiple NIC, managing routes on startup

10. one program autostart - multiple users, multiple starts...

11. Multiple Users/Multiple Languages?

12. Multiple Address Books for Multiple Users in XP

13. setting up netscape communicator with multiple users on multiple machines