OE 'still' has identity switching problem!!

OE 'still' has identity switching problem!!

Post by Leon Pende » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 12:13:18

Help!!!

I'm still having problems with switching identities within OE.

Last year I tried this work around from Microsoft:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311399

There were also work arounds from other users:

Open and minimize 'Outlook' or open and minimize the OE 'Help' screen.

Then Microsoft released this patch:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329084

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;331923

Now, after all of that.. I'm still having the same problems. The only
difference is, it only happens after several identity switches.

So... I figured my registry must be corrupt. So I wiped my hard drive and
did a clean installation of Windows and did all of the Windows 'Critical
Updates' and patches.

Guess what?  OE still crashes after several identity switches and I have to
reboot to get it open again.

This problem only started after the installation of Windows XP SP1, before
that, all was well.

Does anyone have a clue of how to fix this? Is there a third party email
program that I could use that allows multiple identities?

Any help would be much appreciated....  I am at wits end.

Frustrated!!

OE 'still' has identity switching problem!!

Post by Ed Schwa » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 04:24:04

That's strange. I had that problem from the start of WinXP but it
disappeared after I installed SP1

ed

Quote:> Help!!!

> I'm still having problems with switching identities within OE.

> Last year I tried this work around from Microsoft:

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311399

> There were also work arounds from other users:

> Open and minimize 'Outlook' or open and minimize the OE 'Help' screen.

> Then Microsoft released this patch:

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329084

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;331923

> Now, after all of that.. I'm still having the same problems. The only
> difference is, it only happens after several identity switches.

> So... I figured my registry must be corrupt. So I wiped my hard drive and
> did a clean installation of Windows and did all of the Windows 'Critical
> Updates' and patches.

> Guess what?  OE still crashes after several identity switches and I have
> reboot to get it open again.

> This problem only started after the installation of Windows XP SP1, before
> that, all was well.

> Does anyone have a clue of how to fix this? Is there a third party email
> program that I could use that allows multiple identities?

> Any help would be much appreciated....  I am at wits end.

> Frustrated!!

1. OE won't switch identities

I have 4 identities and can switch between them about 3-4
times. After that, even though I've picked a new
identity, the last one I opened comes up regardless of
which one I picked.  I guess it's not closing the file
for some reason.  After a couple attempts at trying to
switch after that, OE won't even open.

2. How to fix or unistall DVD option of Media Player

3. OE 6.0 - won't switch identity after address book action

4. EBAY:Compaq AERO 8000

5. OE won't switch identity

6. Printing from the XP scanning utility

7. OE won't reopen when switching identities

8. REQ: Help - MP7 thinks I'm off-line

9. OE won't let me switch identities anymore, why?

10. Can't Get OE to Accept/Switch Identities

11. OE doesn't switch identities

12. OE 6 won't switch identities

13. Can't Switch Identities in O.E. 6