IE not displayed in "Add/Remove Programs" listings

IE not displayed in "Add/Remove Programs" listings

Post by Terry Grof » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 15:29:44

I have several things wrong but I'm going to try to take
them one at a time. I've been wanting to fix the
installation of my browser (IE) but there is no listing
in "Add/Remove programs" for IE at all. The installation
of IE6 didn't seem to complete. My current browser says it
is 5.5 but it is supposed to be IE6. My version of Outlook
Express is ver.6  I tried to update the latest service
packs but they wouldn't install because it says my last
update didn't complete.

At a loss
Terry

IE not displayed in "Add/Remove Programs" listings

Post by Vanguar » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 17:18:31

Go to
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default...
and try to reinstall.  You might have to reinstall twice.  The first time
usually on *refreshes* the current installation.  The second reinstall will
give you the option to reinstall all components.

|_________________________________________________

I have several things wrong but I'm going to try to take
them one at a time. I've been wanting to fix the
installation of my browser (IE) but there is no listing
in "Add/Remove programs" for IE at all. The installation
of IE6 didn't seem to complete. My current browser says it
is 5.5 but it is supposed to be IE6. My version of Outlook
Express is ver.6  I tried to update the latest service
packs but they wouldn't install because it says my last
update didn't complete.

At a loss
Terry

IE not displayed in "Add/Remove Programs" listings

Post by Frank Virgini » Fri, 06 Dec 2002 00:29:32

Microsoft marks some installed programs as hidden (MS Office, etc) and the
add/remove does not display those that are hidden.  There are free programs
you can get that show normal and hidden programs.  I use TweakAll from
http://www.codeforge.co.uk/mainframes.htm. It's the best I have found and it
is free. I don't know if this will answer your problem but at least it is a
start.

Frank

Quote:> I have several things wrong but I'm going to try to take
> them one at a time. I've been wanting to fix the
> installation of my browser (IE) but there is no listing
> in "Add/Remove programs" for IE at all. The installation
> of IE6 didn't seem to complete. My current browser says it
> is 5.5 but it is supposed to be IE6. My version of Outlook
> Express is ver.6  I tried to update the latest service
> packs but they wouldn't install because it says my last
> update didn't complete.

> At a loss
> Terry

1. "Change/Remove" button does not display in "Add/Remove" Programs

When I go to the Add/Remove programs control pannel
applet to uninstall a software program, but it won't let
me uninstall. When I click on the software "Microsoft
itouch v.2.2 keyboard software", the "Change/Remove"
button is not displayed. After I checked several other
entries on the Add/Remove list, I found that almost all
software listed does not provide me with
the "Change/Remove" button, and hence, I am unable to
uninstall anything from the Control Pannel. I am the
admimistrator with full power on my machine, and I was
able to uninstall through the control pannel before. How
do I get the "Change/Remove" button to be displayed?

2. Javascript Links and OE Links not working

3. How to remove the programs that cannot be removed by "add/remove program" options

4. Office 95 & 3.51 German

5. "My Documents" folder & "Add/Remove Programs" missing!

6. keep alive suggestions

7. How to Remove Ghost Programs from the "Add or Remove Programs" List

8. Wanted: Microsoft 'Help File' application

9. No "Change/Remove" button on "Add/Remove Software"

10. "value creation failed " at line 472".in add Remove Programs ?!

11. Unable to remove program with "Add/Remove" option

12. How to remove invalid items in Control Panel's "Add or Remove Programs"

13. remove programs from "Add?Remove" dialog