IE 6.0 as buggy as Netscape 6.2

Post by CGW » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:54:50

Multiple and random problems with Netscape 6.2.3 on 2 new
PC's with WinXP finally pushed me to IE where I am also
experiencing multiple and random problems.
Bookmarks - IE has a lot of trouble importing from an HTML
file created by Netscape6.2. It also arbitrarily
reorganizes Favorites including repeats under different
folders. The Favorites editor is a nearly useless little
window; easier to just go into Favorites in Windows
Explorer. AND why can't Favorites be listed by URL?
Browsing - some sites, like www.accuweather.com, cannot be
found by IE so I have to go back to Netscape to look at
them. And no, I didn't block cookies from that site
because I could never get to it to tell it I didn't want
cookies.
Preferences - When I tell Netscape that I don't want to
see animations, those annoying flashing ads stop flashing.
When I tell IE that I don't want to see animations, I am
still inundated with ffllashingg ads! But then again, I
also told Windows and IE that I DON'T WANT MSN
approximately 1437 times and I am still inundated
with "opportunites" to sign up for MSN.
Oh well, back to Netscape and dodging AOL ads. At least
there I can use my Bookmarks.

IE 6.0 as buggy as Netscape 6.2

Post by Papa » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 05:23:16

Are you sure you set IE up correctly? I had no trouble accessing the accuweather
website.

And why are you inundated with MSN sign-up ads? Perhaps you have an MSN sign-up
program on your desktop that should be deleted. Often such programs gets
installed (not only MSN, but AOL and other ISPs as well) during your OS
installation. If that is not the case, maybe you should try a pop-up stopper
program.

Regards.

Quote:> Multiple and random problems with Netscape 6.2.3 on 2 new
> PC's with WinXP finally pushed me to IE where I am also
> experiencing multiple and random problems.
> Bookmarks - IE has a lot of trouble importing from an HTML
> file created by Netscape6.2. It also arbitrarily
> reorganizes Favorites including repeats under different
> folders. The Favorites editor is a nearly useless little
> window; easier to just go into Favorites in Windows
> Explorer. AND why can't Favorites be listed by URL?
> Browsing - some sites, like www.accuweather.com, cannot be
> found by IE so I have to go back to Netscape to look at
> them. And no, I didn't block cookies from that site
> because I could never get to it to tell it I didn't want
> cookies.
> Preferences - When I tell Netscape that I don't want to
> see animations, those annoying flashing ads stop flashing.
> When I tell IE that I don't want to see animations, I am
> still inundated with ffllashingg ads! But then again, I
> also told Windows and IE that I DON'T WANT MSN
> approximately 1437 times and I am still inundated
> with "opportunites" to sign up for MSN.
> Oh well, back to Netscape and dodging AOL ads. At least
> there I can use my Bookmarks.

1. Iexplore 6.0 won't connect but Netscape 6.2 will.

I tried downloading the new Iexplore 6.1 Service pack, but
once i go to install it it complains that the Proxy server
is incorrect and that i need to input a proxy server
address... help. Netscape 6.2 works perfectly on the other
hand. When i download any other browser such as Opera, it
doesn't work either.

2. Hypertext for windows?

3. Page layout differs in Front page, IE 6, and Netscape 6.2

4. IE5.2 and proxy server

5. JavaScript Applets work in Netscape 6.2 but not in IE 5.1.5

6. sloooow printing in Netscape

7. IE 6 Does not work....Netscape 6.2 Does - HELP!!

8. I am ecstatic! My Ghost backup actually worked!

9. Synchronizing Netscape 4.7, 6.2, IE bookmarks (favorites), Opera

10. Using Applet with Netscape 6.2

11. netscape 6.2 and wm 6.4 embedded control?

12. netscape 6.2 and wm6.4 embedded control?