Upgrade from IE6 beta to IE6

Post by Rodney Breh » Sat, 29 Sep 2001 07:19:06

Hi all,
I have a little problem here. I've had 6 beta on my laptop for a few months
now and
all was well.  I went to upgrade to 6 and now my browser won't doesn't find
any server or
DNS error screen. It's like I'm not logged on to my ISP at all.   My email
and newsgroup
programs work normal.  Only the browser is affected.  Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Rod Brehm

Upgrade from IE6 beta to IE6

Post by Michael Jenning » Sat, 29 Sep 2001 22:45:01

All that the IE6 (which you installed over IE6beta) can find is DNS error,
except for local files (have I read your message right?) and OE6 works fine.

See if you can roll it back to "all was well" - clean that up by deleting
Temporary Internet Files (including off-line content) and History. Then
reinstall. If you can't go back to the beta, purge the Cache and run the
repair tool on what you've got. Check your settings under Connection,
but they're ok or OE wouldn't work. If nothing works, you don't have
a little problem there, but hopefully it ain't that bad.

> Hi all,
> I have a little problem here. I've had 6 beta on my laptop for a few
months
> now and
> all was well.  I went to upgrade to 6 and now my browser won't doesn't
find
> any server or
> DNS error screen. It's like I'm not logged on to my ISP at all.   My email
> and newsgroup
> programs work normal.  Only the browser is affected.  Appreciate your
help.

> Thanks
> Rod Brehm

Upgrade from IE6 beta to IE6

Post by dR Peppe » Sun, 30 Sep 2001 12:46:32

you may not be able to uninstall ie6!!!
GnomeSYSTEM

IE6 Uninstall Not Available

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q303/4/85.ASP

Because of remaining bugs in the way Internet Explorer 6 renders some
HTML, many users have opted to uninstall IE6, going back to what was
working perfectly before. Some, however, are finding that it's not as
simple as going to Add/Remove Programs and selecting Restore Previous
Windows Configuration. This problem seems to be most common under
Windows 2000, and it's not an easy fix. The cause appears to be the
installation of a Windows 2000 service pack after the installation of
IE6, and requires an in place upgrade of Windows 2000.

1. To upgrade to IE6 or not to upgrade to IE6

I have a dell win98 notebook and a home built AMD Athlon desktop running
98SE.

Is it worth it to upgrade to IE6?  why?  I tried the beta version and it
screwed up my email  i think it was Outlook 2000 that got screwed up.

thanks for the input:)

2. No 1394 Driver for Vaio F180

3. IE6 install over IE6 Public Preview (Beta)

4. problem with windowsNT

5. ie6 problems upgrading to ie6

6. uninstalling xp

7. ME/IE6 problems after IE6 upgrade from 5.5

8. exporting emails in outlook express

9. IE6 to IE6 sp1 upgrade

10. IE6: I upgraded to IE6 now it will not load a page.

11. IE6 upgrade doesn't upgrade numerous files

12. Weird problems with WMP after installing IE6 Beta