error message at startup

Post by Kare » Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:53:32

My ISP gives me the option to use their netmail or outlook express, however
every time I log onto OE, I get several error messages and no way to use the
program.
Would appreciate any and all useful help.

error message at startup

Post by Bruce Hage » Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:58:18

Post the error messages in their entirety.
--
    Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP - (IE/OE)

Quote:> My ISP gives me the option to use their netmail or outlook express,

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/O » Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:02:23

Quote:> My ISP gives me the option to use their netmail or outlook express,
> however every time I log onto OE, I get several error messages and no
> way to use the program.
> Would appreciate any and all useful help.

We can't help if you won't give us the error messages.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email

error message at startup

Post by d6uvu » Wed, 29 Dec 2004 07:39:07

Karen, I am having the same problem today also.  Is your message "MNSMSNGR
caused a general protection fault in module <unknown> at Bff7:01130299?  If
so, perhaps the two gentlemen that responded earlier could help both of us.
This error message freezes my computer and the only way out of it is to do a
hard shutdown of the system.

Diane

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/O » Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:02:06

> Karen, I am having the same problem today also.  Is your message
> "MNSMSNGR caused a general protection fault in module <unknown> at
> Bff7:01130299?  If so, perhaps the two gentlemen that responded
> earlier could help both of us. This error message freezes my computer
> and the only way out of it is to do a hard shutdown of the system.

> Diane

>> My ISP gives me the option to use their netmail or outlook express,
>> however every time I log onto OE, I get several error messages and
>> no way to use the program.
>> Would appreciate any and all useful help.

1.  Tools | Options - uncheck the option to automatically start MSN
Messenger.

2.  View | Layout - Uncheck Contacts.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC

error message at startup

Post by Kare » Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:27:38

Frank
Those things are already unchecked, still get same message, another error
message besides the one I posted reads,
The server does not support a SSL connection, Account 'mail.peoplepc.com',
Server, 'mail.peoplepc.com', Protocol SMTP, Server Response, '250 HELP',
P;ort 25, Secure(SSL): Yes Server Error.250, Error Number 0x800CCC7D
Any other suggestions for this?  Still cannot use program, my netmail is
sooooooo slow, and can't do many things with it.  Need it for my work with
handicapped service.  Thanks, Karen

>> Karen, I am having the same problem today also.  Is your message
>> "MNSMSNGR caused a general protection fault in module <unknown> at
>> Bff7:01130299?  If so, perhaps the two gentlemen that responded
>> earlier could help both of us. This error message freezes my computer
>> and the only way out of it is to do a hard shutdown of the system.

>> Diane

>>> My ISP gives me the option to use their netmail or outlook express,
>>> however every time I log onto OE, I get several error messages and
>>> no way to use the program.
>>> Would appreciate any and all useful help.

> 1.  Tools | Options - uncheck the option to automatically start MSN
> Messenger.

> 2.  View | Layout - Uncheck Contacts.

> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

error message at startup

Post by Jim Pickerin » Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:14:03

Try Tools/Accounts - Mail and double click the mail account involved.  Then
click on the Advanced tab and uncheck the SSL connection box and test it.
This KB article concerns Outlook, but the procedure is the same:

OL2000: (IMO) Error Message: "Server Response: 250 TLS, Error 0x800ccc7d":
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223980

--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
Please reply to newsgroup only.

> Frank
> Those things are already unchecked, still get same message, another error
> message besides the one I posted reads,
> The server does not support a SSL connection, Account 'mail.peoplepc.com',
> Server, 'mail.peoplepc.com', Protocol SMTP, Server Response, '250 HELP',
> P;ort 25, Secure(SSL): Yes Server Error.250, Error Number 0x800CCC7D
> Any other suggestions for this?  Still cannot use program, my netmail is
> sooooooo slow, and can't do many things with it.  Need it for my work with
> handicapped service.  Thanks, Karen

>>> Karen, I am having the same problem today also.  Is your message
>>> "MNSMSNGR caused a general protection fault in module <unknown> at
>>> Bff7:01130299?  If so, perhaps the two gentlemen that responded
>>> earlier could help both of us. This error message freezes my computer
>>> and the only way out of it is to do a hard shutdown of the system.

>>> Diane

>> 1.  Tools | Options - uncheck the option to automatically start MSN
>> Messenger.

>> 2.  View | Layout - Uncheck Contacts.

>> --
>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
>> Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email
>> http://www.fjsmjs.com
>> Protect your PC
>> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

error message at startup

Post by Kare » Fri, 31 Dec 2004 04:23:34

Nope, that didn't work either.  Same error message comes up.  I have tried
all the suggestions you told me before, tried them again, still same error
message.  That is why I don't understand why it is still acting this way.
Karen

> Try Tools/Accounts - Mail and double click the mail account involved.
> Then click on the Advanced tab and uncheck the SSL connection box and test
> it. This KB article concerns Outlook, but the procedure is the same:

> OL2000: (IMO) Error Message: "Server Response: 250 TLS, Error 0x800ccc7d":
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223980

> --
> Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
> Please reply to newsgroup only.

>> Frank
>> Those things are already unchecked, still get same message, another error
>> message besides the one I posted reads,
>> The server does not support a SSL connection, Account
>> 'mail.peoplepc.com', Server, 'mail.peoplepc.com', Protocol SMTP, Server
>> Response, '250 HELP', P;ort 25, Secure(SSL): Yes Server Error.250, Error
>> Number 0x800CCC7D
>> Any other suggestions for this?  Still cannot use program, my netmail is
>> sooooooo slow, and can't do many things with it.  Need it for my work
>> with handicapped service.  Thanks, Karen

>>> 1.  Tools | Options - uncheck the option to automatically start MSN
>>> Messenger.

>>> 2.  View | Layout - Uncheck Contacts.

>>> --
>>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
>>> Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email
>>> http://www.fjsmjs.com
>>> Protect your PC
>>> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx

error message at startup

Post by Bruce Hage » Fri, 31 Dec 2004 04:50:17

Karen,

In Tools>Accounts>Mail>Properties - Look at the Server tab. Look at
the last box. *My server requires authentication*. If it is unchecked,
check it. If it is checked, uncheck it.

Just one more thing to try.
--
    Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP - (IE/OE)

> Nope, that didn't work either.  Same error message comes up.  I have
> tried all the suggestions you told me before, tried them again,
> still same error message.  That is why I don't understand why it is
> still acting this way.
> Karen

>> Try Tools/Accounts - Mail and double click the mail account
>> involved. Then click on the Advanced tab and uncheck the SSL
>> connection box and test it. This KB article concerns Outlook, but
>> the procedure is the same:

>> OL2000: (IMO) Error Message: "Server Response: 250 TLS, Error
>> 0x800ccc7d":
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223980

>> --
>> Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
>> Please reply to newsgroup only.

>>> Frank
>>> Those things are already unchecked, still get same message,
>>> another error message besides the one I posted reads,
>>> The server does not support a SSL connection, Account
>>> 'mail.peoplepc.com', Server, 'mail.peoplepc.com', Protocol SMTP,
>>> Server Response, '250 HELP', P;ort 25, Secure(SSL): Yes Server
>>> Error.250, Error Number 0x800CCC7D
>>> Any other suggestions for this?  Still cannot use program, my
>>> netmail is sooooooo slow, and can't do many things with it.  Need
>>> it for my work with handicapped service.  Thanks, Karen

error message at startup

Post by Kare » Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:32:08

I think we have fixed a problem.  Found though on send/recieve all, cannot
use the added ISP mail.peoplepc.com, it comes up error.  I just sent a
email, it went, no error so far.  Got one with using mail.peoplepc.com.  It
hasn't transferred emails from the net mail though.  Will see if this
continues to work for me.  Thanks for all the help.
Karen

> Karen,

> In Tools>Accounts>Mail>Properties - Look at the Server tab. Look at the
> last box. *My server requires authentication*. If it is unchecked, check
> it. If it is checked, uncheck it.

> Just one more thing to try.
> --
>    Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>        ~IB-CA~

>> Nope, that didn't work either.  Same error message comes up.  I have
>> tried all the suggestions you told me before, tried them again, still
>> same error message.  That is why I don't understand why it is still
>> acting this way.
>> Karen

>>> Try Tools/Accounts - Mail and double click the mail account involved.
>>> Then click on the Advanced tab and uncheck the SSL connection box and
>>> test it. This KB article concerns Outlook, but the procedure is the
>>> same:

>>> OL2000: (IMO) Error Message: "Server Response: 250 TLS, Error
>>> 0x800ccc7d":
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223980

>>> --
>>> Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
>>> Please reply to newsgroup only.

error message at startup

Post by Kare » Sat, 01 Jan 2005 16:10:06

I am still getting the error message , The connection to the server has
failed.  Account 'mail.peoplepc.com', Server, Protocol POP # Port 995,
Secure (SSL) Yes, Socket Error, 10061, Error number 0xa800CCOE.  I am able
now however to create and send mail.  I just haven't been able to recieve
any.  Have to go back to the web mail for that.
Karen

>I think we have fixed a problem.  Found though on send/recieve all, cannot
>use the added ISP mail.peoplepc.com, it comes up error.  I just sent a
>email, it went, no error so far.  Got one with using mail.peoplepc.com.  It
>hasn't transferred emails from the net mail though.  Will see if this
>continues to work for me.  Thanks for all the help.
> Karen

>> Karen,

>> In Tools>Accounts>Mail>Properties - Look at the Server tab. Look at the
>> last box. *My server requires authentication*. If it is unchecked, check
>> it. If it is checked, uncheck it.

>> Just one more thing to try.
>> --
>>    Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>>        ~IB-CA~

>>> Nope, that didn't work either.  Same error message comes up.  I have
>>> tried all the suggestions you told me before, tried them again, still
>>> same error message.  That is why I don't understand why it is still
>>> acting this way.
>>> Karen

error message at startup

Post by PA Bea » Sun, 02 Jan 2005 10:19:26

Assuming you have disabled email scanning by your anti-virus application and
still have the problem:

Your current Identity may be damaged, especially if its the default Main
Identity.  Try one or more of your accounts in a new Named Identity
(File>Identities>Add new identity).  Assuming all is well, import messages
from the old Identity before deleting it (File>Identities>Manage
Identities).

Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages.  Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform a manual
compact of all OE folders while "working offline".  More at
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/maintain.htm.

Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause such
corruption.  Disable it.  It provides no additional protection.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

> I am still getting the error message , The connection to the server has
> failed.  Account 'mail.peoplepc.com', Server, Protocol POP # Port 995,
> Secure (SSL) Yes, Socket Error, 10061, Error number 0xa800CCOE.  I am able
> now however to create and send mail.  I just haven't been able to recieve
> any.  Have to go back to the web mail for that.
> Karen

error message at startup

Post by Michael Santove » Sun, 02 Jan 2005 10:56:32

Most mail servers don't use SSL.  Go to Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties, Advanced and
uncheck SSL for the incoming mail server.  This should also reset the Port number from 995
to 110.

>I am still getting the error message , The connection to the server has failed.  Account
>'mail.peoplepc.com', Server, Protocol POP # Port 995, Secure (SSL) Yes, Socket Error,
>10061, Error number 0xa800CCOE.  I am able now however to create and send mail.  I just
>haven't been able to recieve any.  Have to go back to the web mail for that.
> Karen

>>I think we have fixed a problem.  Found though on send/recieve all, cannot use the added
>>ISP mail.peoplepc.com, it comes up error.  I just sent a email, it went, no error so
>>far.  Got one with using mail.peoplepc.com.  It hasn't transferred emails from the net
>>mail though.  Will see if this continues to work for me.  Thanks for all the help.
>> Karen

>>> Karen,

>>> In Tools>Accounts>Mail>Properties - Look at the Server tab. Look at the last box. *My
>>> server requires authentication*. If it is unchecked, check it. If it is checked,
>>> uncheck it.

>>> Just one more thing to try.
>>> --
>>>    Bruce Hagen
>>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>>>        ~IB-CA~

error message at startup

Post by Kare » Sun, 02 Jan 2005 11:53:57

That has already been done, it did nothing to change the error.  That is
what I thought it was first, that is what the error message points to,
checked if ports are what they are supposed to be, and they are right.  Will
try to see if an update on my antivirus programs, or firewalls have done
this,  I think I have checked every other place I can possibly think of.
Karen

> Most mail servers don't use SSL.  Go to Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties,
> Advanced and uncheck SSL for the incoming mail server.  This should also
> reset the Port number from 995 to 110.

> --

> Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm

>>I am still getting the error message , The connection to the server has
>>failed.  Account 'mail.peoplepc.com', Server, Protocol POP # Port 995,
>>Secure (SSL) Yes, Socket Error, 10061, Error number 0xa800CCOE.  I am able
>>now however to create and send mail.  I just haven't been able to recieve
>>any.  Have to go back to the web mail for that.
>> Karen

>>>I think we have fixed a problem.  Found though on send/recieve all,
>>>cannot use the added ISP mail.peoplepc.com, it comes up error.  I just
>>>sent a email, it went, no error so far.  Got one with using
>>>mail.peoplepc.com.  It hasn't transferred emails from the net mail
>>>though.  Will see if this continues to work for me.  Thanks for all the
>>>help.
>>> Karen

error message at startup

Post by Kare » Sun, 02 Jan 2005 11:58:56

Do you suppose that an update in OE or IE, or virus protect updates,
firewalls etc. would all of a sudden cause this.  I was able to use it fine
a month ago.  But there have been many updates, and security updates since
then.  So as my settings stayed the same, would the changes make it all of a
sudden not work????

> Assuming you have disabled email scanning by your anti-virus application
> and still have the problem:

> Your current Identity may be damaged, especially if its the default Main
> Identity.  Try one or more of your accounts in a new Named Identity
> (File>Identities>Add new identity).  Assuming all is well, import messages
> from the old Identity before deleting it (File>Identities>Manage
> Identities).

> Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages.  Move them to local
> folders created for this purpose.

> Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform a manual
> compact of all OE folders while "working offline".  More at
> http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/maintain.htm.

> Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause such
> corruption.  Disable it.  It provides no additional protection.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

>> I am still getting the error message , The connection to the server has
>> failed.  Account 'mail.peoplepc.com', Server, Protocol POP # Port 995,
>> Secure (SSL) Yes, Socket Error, 10061, Error number 0xa800CCOE.  I am
>> able
>> now however to create and send mail.  I just haven't been able to recieve
>> any.  Have to go back to the web mail for that.
>> Karen

1. Error message on start-up rundll32 has caused an error

Good day ...
When I boot up I get an error message that says..
"rundll32 has caused an error in kernel 32.dll rundll32
will now close "  I am running Win ME ver 4.90.0.3000 on
a Gateway computer.
When this happens the mouse does not operate, the icons
on the screen seem enlarged and the system is frozen...
I am able to boot up in "safe mode" but when I do that
the 2 cd drives are not recognized and only the 3 1/2
floppy drive works so I cannot reinstall Windows ... Also
I have a "start-up" disk but when I reboot with that in
the 3 1/2 drive nothing changes...I also have an
emergency boot disk that I made from Norton but that
won't work either ???? I have an identical computer with
the same version and have tried to copy the rundll32 and
kernel32.dll files . It allowed me to copy in the
rundll32 but said I can't copy the kernel32.dll file
because windows is using it ....I'm stuck and would
appreciate any advice   Thanks in advance  Wade

2. Print Problems

3. Error Message on startup

4. WFW TCP/IP 3.11b : Can't exit Windows!

5. error message at startup

6. DRIVE LETTERS

7. Desktop Themes

8. error message on startup