Outlook express 6 not launching IE

Post by NEls » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 05:42:15

Quote:>> upgraded to IE6 on a win2000 machine and now links
>> imbedded in email won't open in IE.  Very odd, I
suspect I
>> am missing something in a setup but can't guess where.
>> The link shows correctly in address bar when I mouse
over
>> it, but clicking does nothing.  Any ideas??

>Courtesy of Frank Sanders:-

>Open Windows Explorer.
>Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
>Scroll down to URL:HyperText Transfer  Protocol and
select it.
>Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
>Select 'open'.
>Click Edit.
>"Application used to perform this action" should read:
>"C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome
>(Check the path to iexplore.exe to make sure that is
correct and use the
>double quotes.)
>DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you
should have:
>#1:
>"%1",,-1,0,,,,
>IExplore
>#3 (blank)
>WWW_OpenURL
>URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be
the same

>.
>Made the changes still no joy in Ohio.  The URL links are

http, the mail links work.  The pointer changes to a
hand but does not launch IE or open a new page in IE.  I
think we are close, any new ideas are welcome
Thanks
Nels

Post by Kath » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 05:55:20

Quote:> >> upgraded to IE6 on a win2000 machine and now links
> >> imbedded in email won't open in IE.  Very odd, I
> suspect I
> >> am missing something in a setup but can't guess where.
> >> The link shows correctly in address bar when I mouse
> over
> >> it, but clicking does nothing.  Any ideas??

> >Courtesy of Frank Sanders:-

> >Open Windows Explorer.
> >Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
> >Scroll down to URL:HyperText Transfer  Protocol and
> select it.
> >Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
> >Select 'open'.
> >Click Edit.
> >"Application used to perform this action" should read:
> >"C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome
> >(Check the path to iexplore.exe to make sure that is
> correct and use the
> >double quotes.)
> >DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you
> should have:
> >#1:
> >"%1",,-1,0,,,,
> >IExplore
> >#3 (blank)
> >WWW_OpenURL
> >URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be
> the same

> >.
> >Made the changes still no joy in Ohio.  The URL links are
> http, the mail links work.  The pointer changes to a
> hand but does not launch IE or open a new page in IE.  I
> think we are close, any new ideas are welcome
> Thanks
> Nels

Nels, I already saw your message on the original thread. I am hoping that
someone like Frank or Jim has the answer if you are sure that you followed
the instructions to the letter? (Please wait for a reasonable time before
posting the same question again, or at least use the same thread!)
Regards
Kath

Post by nels » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 06:01:40

> [...]

Quote:>posting the same question again, or at least use the same
thread!)
>Regards
>Kath

>.
>Sorry, I am new to posting, the only thing I was unclear

about was line four with regards to the second line
talking about privacy...maybe I need to do additional
things.  I am medium on my security settings in IE and
have Zone Alarm in place but Outlook just doesn't seem to
know to launch a new page.  I was not sure if old postings
that had been responded to were looked at again and was
ansty, once again sorry for the error in protocall.

Nels

Outlook express 6 not launching IE

Post by Nels » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:46:24

Frank gave me some ideas and now I know what is wrong, but
unsure how to fix it.  It appears when I upgraded to IE6
some file types  were deleted specifically the ones
related to URL's no longer are there when I look at file
types via explorer. Is there any easy way to get them
back?  Could I install Netscape and would I be lucky
enough that it would recreate the file types for me?

Let me know and I really appreciate the help.
Nels

Post by Kath » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:17:18

Quote:> Frank gave me some ideas and now I know what is wrong, but
> unsure how to fix it.  It appears when I upgraded to IE6
> some file types  were deleted specifically the ones
> related to URL's no longer are there when I look at file
> types via explorer. Is there any easy way to get them
> back?  Could I install Netscape and would I be lucky
> enough that it would recreate the file types for me?

I don't think installing Netscape would fix your problem. If you have tried
everything that I and Frank said, then I am at a loss. Frank has far better
knowledge than me about OE anyway, I just try and help by quoting stuff I
have learnt on this NG. Hopefully someone will come along and read this
thread and help if they can.
You didn't have anything running in the background when you upgraded did
you? AV programme? You may have a faulty install.

1. Unable to launch IE 5.1.5 via URLs in Outlook express, Word, etc.

I have an Apple G4 PowerMac running OS 9.2.2.

Since upgrading to IE 5.1.5, I have noticed that I am unable to launch
Iinternet Explorer via Outlook Express, Word, other programs by
clicking on imbedded URLs.

However, if IE 5.1.5 is already active, the activation works properly.
 Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

2. Multiple Monitor Settings prob

3. Unable to launch IE from hyperlink in Outlook Express

4. Does a YACC/BISON/LEX equivalent for Windows exist?

5. How do I stop AIM from launching when I launch Outlook Express 6?

6. winXP, users

7. can not launch outlook express 6

8. Object Doesn't support ...error. Please help

9. not able to launch outlook express

10. Email button will not scan and launch Outlook Express

11. XP SP1 & Outlook Express not launching

12. IE 6 not launching outlook web access

13. Outlook Express: can not import dbx-files (ME) into outlook express (XP)