Dilemma

Post by Will » Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:43:52

Hi,

I have recently installed XP Pro onto a 2nd drive along with Win98se.
I used OE6 for the first time whilst using XP without thinking it would
download all my e-mails off Yahoo, but that's exactly what it did.
What I now have is my collection of messages split between XP's OE6 and 98's
OE6.
How can I either

a) Return them to Yahoo's mail server?

or

b) transfer them all to 98's OE6, which is the one I use the most often?

Many thanks,

Will.

Dilemma

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/O » Sun, 19 Dec 2004 02:35:08

Quote:> Hi,

> I have recently installed XP Pro onto a 2nd drive along with Win98se.
> I used OE6 for the first time whilst using XP without thinking it
> would download all my e-mails off Yahoo, but that's exactly what it
> did.
> What I now have is my collection of messages split between XP's OE6
> and 98's OE6.
> How can I either

> a) Return them to Yahoo's mail server?

> or

> b) transfer them all to 98's OE6, which is the one I use the most
> often?

> Many thanks,

> Will.

b)  Use OE6's File | Import to import them from Win98.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email

Dilemma

Post by Will » Mon, 20 Dec 2004 06:47:27

Could you tell me where to look for them in XP, as file - import is asking?

Will.

> > Hi,

> > I have recently installed XP Pro onto a 2nd drive along with Win98se.
> > I used OE6 for the first time whilst using XP without thinking it
> > would download all my e-mails off Yahoo, but that's exactly what it
> > did.
> > What I now have is my collection of messages split between XP's OE6
> > and 98's OE6.
> > How can I either

> > a) Return them to Yahoo's mail server?

> > or

> > b) transfer them all to 98's OE6, which is the one I use the most
> > often?

> > Many thanks,

> > Will.

> b)  Use OE6's File | Import to import them from Win98.

> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC

Dilemma

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/O » Mon, 20 Dec 2004 07:29:23

> Could you tell me where to look for them in XP, as file - import is
> asking?

> Will.

>>> Hi,

>>> I have recently installed XP Pro onto a 2nd drive along with
>>> Win98se. I used OE6 for the first time whilst using XP without
>>> thinking it would download all my e-mails off Yahoo, but that's
>>> exactly what it did.
>>> What I now have is my collection of messages split between XP's OE6
>>> and 98's OE6.
>>> How can I either

>>> a) Return them to Yahoo's mail server?

>>> or

>>> b) transfer them all to 98's OE6, which is the one I use the most
>>> often?

>>> Many thanks,

>>> Will.

>> b)  Use OE6's File | Import to import them from Win98.

>> --
>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
>> Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email
>> http://www.fjsmjs.com
>> Protect your PC
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

Open OE in WinXP and go to Tools | Options | Maintenance | Store Folder

Probably
Documents and Settings | <username> | Local Settings | Application Data
|Identities | <pick the identity> | Microsoft | Outlook Express
You will have to enable showing hidden files and folders.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup only.  Do not send email
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC

1. dilemma with sound cards!!!!

Ok, I had bought an ess 1868, it had a lot of feedback when I used the
mic, and when I used speakers, headphones, and other things.  I sent it
back(the guy said it was defective), and got an acer aw32 cs4232.  This
basically has the same problems, but I have tried unplugging mic and
recorded, and I have lots of feedback.  I also still have feedback
whether or not I use the
speakers.  I tried headphones, same thing.  What could the problem
possibly be?  I never had feedback with sb16, but I want a card with
os/2 support and wavetable, but these cards have feedback.  Could my
computer somehow be at fault?  please help, thanks.

BTW, I even tried it with win95 as well, same problem.
--
 ____
  /   /   / _

 http://www.warpcity.com/thyle
God created the world with OS/2.

2. wm8 crashing

3. Window's media player encounted unknown dilemma

4. problem with the explorer

5. The Cross-Platform Dilemma...

6. CAN INTRODV save in any format other than Quicktime??

7. Plug-in dilemma

8. audio codecs error

9. The Cross-Platform Dilemma...

10. Dilemma in Mac/PC for Multimedia