Multiple sent folders for multiple accounts

Multiple sent folders for multiple accounts

Post by VIJI » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 00:32:26

Hi,

I am using OE6 / WIN2K.

I have more than 1 account. I manage 2 IN folders
for them, and have set rules to automatically dump incoming mails
to appropriate IN folder.

Now I want to create 2 SENT folders, one for each account.
How do I move sent mails automatically to the appropriate
SENT folder.

Right now I do it manually and it is quite boring.

TIA.

Multiple sent folders for multiple accounts

Post by Jim C. Pickerin » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 04:10:13

You can create a message rule to do this, but since rules are applied automatically only to incoming messages, you would have to apply the rule manually each time you wish to exercise it.  You can only have one Sent Items folder, but you can create subfolders under it for the accounts involved and use the rule to transer messages.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP-Outlook Express
Please reply to the newsgroup only.

> Hi,

> I am using OE6 / WIN2K.

> I have more than 1 account. I manage 2 IN folders
> for them, and have set rules to automatically dump incoming mails
> to appropriate IN folder.

> Now I want to create 2 SENT folders, one for each account.
> How do I move sent mails automatically to the appropriate
> SENT folder.

> Right now I do it manually and it is quite boring.

> TIA.

1. New article on OE multiple addresses, multiple Identities and multiple User Accounts

Here is my latest article for the IE Community website. It's one of those
articles I've been meaning to write for the last 5 years or so. :-)

A Multitude of Multiples: Using Outlook Express with Multiple E-mail Addresses,
Multiple Accounts, and Multiple Identities
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/identity.mspx

--
Tom Koch, MVP for IE/Outlook Express
http://www.insideOE.com/

2. Stubborn MSVCRT20.DLL

3. Multiple users and multiple Outlook accounts

4. Exporting offline copies of system.dat and user.dat.

5. Windows XP, Multiple User Accounts, Multiple NIC, managing routes on startup

6. NT DEFRAG WHERE CAN I FIND IT ?

7. Multiple Accounts/Multiple Stationary

8. unix vs windows NT

9. Windows XP, Multiple User Accounts, Multiple NIC, managing routes on startup

10. Selecting multiple folders No problem selecting multiple files

11. Selecting multiple folders . No problem selecting multiple files

12. Selecting multiple folders No problem selecting multiple files

13. Selecting multiple folders How to select No problem selecting multiple files