https sites: cannot display page

Post by Elan » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 00:17:22

In the last week, IE6 no longer displays https pages.  Any
ideas?

Post by Dwigh » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:47:43

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>In the last week, IE6 no longer displays https pages.
Any
>ideas?
>.
>I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

thanks

https sites: cannot display page

Post by Mike Burges » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 02:10:52

Elane,
"The Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message on a Secure Web Site
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=303807
--
HOW TO: Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Connect to Secure Web Sites
by Using Internet Explorer in Windows XP

Quote:> In the last week, IE6 no longer displays https pages.  Any

Post by roger jolle » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 04:06:28

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>In the last week, IE6 no longer displays https pages.
Any
>ideas?
>.

1. Can't access https sites: Page Cannot Be Displayed

I have Windows XP, and was using MSN Explorer.  I installed AOL 8.0.
Around that time (don't know if it was right when AOL was installed) I
started getting error messages every time I tried to access a site
that started with https (including the MSN sign-in page).  I
uninstalled AOL, uninstalled/reinstalled MSN, upgraded to MSN 8.  I've
checked the security settings for Internet Explorer 6: both SSL 2 and
SSL 3 are check marked. The area that asks how often to look for new
pages is set to "automatic".  I've restored the IE 6 settings to
default.  I cleared the temp files, cache, and cookies.  I've talked
with MSN support, AOL support, and searched the Microsoft FAQ pages.
I am out of ideas.

Windows XP. MSN 8. IE 6.  eMachines 900MHz. 128mb RAM.

2. deleting a '.exe' file

3. 'Page Cannot be displayed' error on https pages

4. Screensaver as desktop background???

5. IE6.0 displays https pages but not http pages

6. S3 Trio64V2/DX

7. I can display secure pages (HTTPS) but not HTTP pages

8. windows xp home step up upgrade

9. https sites result in Cannot Find Server error page

10. Why do I get a "page cannot be displayed" error using https.

11. winsock, https, page cannot be displayed

12. page cannot be displayed on an https website

13. https://localhost/ The page cannot be displayed - Apache-2.0.39SSL-win32