Update wiped out My Documents

Post by Bill Gau » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 05:23:23

I just downloaded from Windows Product Updates, and
updated IE 6 to SP1, and the setup crashed. Now I discover
my hard drive is relabeled MYDO  - I can't change it back -
 "access denied", and My Documents folder is empty. A file
search doesn't turn up any of the 100's of files that have
disappeared from My Documents (around 100MB worth)!

Help!

Internet Explorer and Outlook Express are working fine,
meanwhile. I reinstalled from the Windows Update Setup
Files, with no luck. I think my registry may have been
corrupted. Any help? This is an emergency.!

Thanks

Update wiped out My Documents

Post by Bill Gau » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 22:37:05

Now I go to the Product Updates page and when I try to
bring up the instructions pages for the Critical Fixes I
get javascript:void(0). Is this also a result of the SP1
update?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I just downloaded from Windows Product Updates, and
>updated IE 6 to SP1, and the setup crashed. Now I
discover
>my hard drive is relabeled MYDO  - I can't change it
back -
> "access denied", and My Documents folder is empty. A
file
>search doesn't turn up any of the 100's of files that
have
>disappeared from My Documents (around 100MB worth)!

>Help!

>Internet Explorer and Outlook Express are working fine,
>meanwhile. I reinstalled from the Windows Update Setup
>Files, with no luck. I think my registry may have been
>corrupted. Any help? This is an emergency.!

>Thanks
>.

1. InBox wipe outs.

In Outlook Express 6 I've had several freeze-ups over the
last month while doing simple things, i.e., scrolling
down messages, opening folders, etc. My only option is to
shut down manually. Control/Alt/Del doesn't work to shut
down. I'm running Windows XP Pro. After rebooting, all of
my Inbox messages are wiped out. This is not a virus
problem but could it be an XP problem? I updated IE with
the latest just a couple of weeks prior to this problem.
Does anybody have an idea what is causing this to happen?

2. refreshed webpage did not update content

3. "MY DOCUMENTS" WIPED OUT!

4. Possible Work Study Positions

5. "upgrade" from win98 wiped out My Documents

6. 3d pipes screen saver

7. MY DOCUMENTS WIPED OUT!

8. Note: Potential compiling problems with resource compiler

9. Windows Update time outs?

10. XP Updates wipe out Modem

11. Updates and other Windows xp problems .How to" wipe the slate clean"

12. Windows update wiped out USB wireless capability

13. James' Documents / My documents / User Documents filling up hard drive :-(