Saving Graphics using I.E. 6.0

Post by Al Jense » Sat, 01 Mar 2003 02:08:30

Whenever I attempt to save a picture off of the internet
my browser wants to save it as a .bmp instead of the .jpg
or .gif that the original picture is. Can anyone tell me
how to correct this. TIA Al

Saving Graphics using I.E. 6.0

Post by bruc » Sat, 01 Mar 2003 03:59:58

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Whenever I attempt to save a picture off of the internet
>my browser wants to save it as a .bmp instead of
the .jpg
>or .gif that the original picture is. Can anyone tell me
>how to correct this. TIA Al
>.
>reset your internet option to default settings. that

should fix it

Saving Graphics using I.E. 6.0

Post by Alan Edward » Sat, 01 Mar 2003 04:12:20

The usual fix is to clear your cache.
IE-Tools-Internet Options-Delete Files (in the TIF section)

That seems to work about 98% of the time but if it doesn't, close IE
and reopen and do it again. Also it has been reported that clear
cookies helps, but ensure you save any that you need.

...Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser, "Al Jensen"

>Whenever I attempt to save a picture off of the internet
>my browser wants to save it as a .bmp instead of the .jpg
>or .gif that the original picture is. Can anyone tell me
>how to correct this. TIA Al

1. MSIE 6.0 only saves bitmap files now, used to save all graphic files

I've been trying to get my MSIE 6.0 (Windows XP Pro OS)
to once again save all image formats. Yet the darn
browser only saves .bmp files, and even then they're
named untitled.bmp.

Used to be able to save images with names of any
extention, like "imagenamefrompage.jpg" or "imageone.gif"
instead of "untitled.bmp"

Kind of fustrating when MSIE just breaks.

3. IE 6.0 "Save As" Graphic Problem

4. failed to create empty document ?

5. saving time using ie 6.0

6. frequent program hangups

7. graphic distortion with some inks in 8-bit color on Windows using using Director 6.0

8. Deselecting Word as the default editor

9. Viewing saved JPEGs with I.E. 6.0 problems

10. I.E. 6.0 - HELP - no pics in pages saved

11. How do I change the search page ie 6.0 uses using windows xp?

13. Printing problem when using IE 6.0 and IE 5.5 SP2