solution - back button page expired message on ie 6.0.2600

solution - back button page expired message on ie 6.0.2600

Post by Danny Jens » Tue, 22 Apr 2003 01:54:28

My Problems:
1. After installing ie version 6.0 my wifes PC started getting the
page expired message on certain sites where my pc running the exact
version of ie did not have this problem. I made sure the security
settings were exactly the same.

2. The other symptom on my wifes PC was the view source in IE did not
work...
When you click Source on the View, right-click menus, or you click the
Edit button on the toolbar in Microsoft Internet Explorer to view the
source code of a Web page, the source code file may not appear as
expected.

Possible Cause:
This behavior may occur if there are too many files in the Temporary
Internet Files folder..

Solution:
The solution to my problem was found in the following article(s).
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b306907
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;260897

To resolve this issue, delete all of the files in the Temporary
Internet Files folder.

To do this, follow these steps:
Start Internet Explorer.
On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
When the confirmation message appears, click OK two times.

Hope this fixes your problem. Please help others by taking the time to
post your solutions.

solution - back button page expired message on ie 6.0.2600

Post by Henri Leboeu » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 00:45:15

Try this fix.

Back Navigation on POST Causes Re-POST in Internet Explorer 6
When you return back to the results page, you may receive the following
warning message:
res://mshtml.dll/repost.htm - message (Warning, page has expired, you must
refresh...).
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319792 (i. e. 6. W98/se/ME/NT4/XP/2000
Sept. 5, 2002)
--

Henri Leboeuf

Quote:> My Problems:
> 1. After installing ie version 6.0 my wifes PC started getting the
> page expired message on certain sites where my pc running the exact
> version of ie did not have this problem. I made sure the security
> settings were exactly the same.

> 2. The other symptom on my wifes PC was the view source in IE did not
> work...
> When you click Source on the View, right-click menus, or you click the
> Edit button on the toolbar in Microsoft Internet Explorer to view the
> source code of a Web page, the source code file may not appear as
> expected.

> Possible Cause:
> This behavior may occur if there are too many files in the Temporary
> Internet Files folder..

> Solution:
> The solution to my problem was found in the following article(s).
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b306907
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;260897

> To resolve this issue, delete all of the files in the Temporary
> Internet Files folder.

> To do this, follow these steps:
> Start Internet Explorer.
> On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
> Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
> When the confirmation message appears, click OK two times.

> Hope this fixes your problem. Please help others by taking the time to
> post your solutions.

1. page expired message: can't use back button?

For some reason IE6 just started having this problem out
of the blue about 2 weeks ago on my system.  The message
looks like this:

----------------
Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was
created using information you submitted in a form. This
page is no longer available. As a security precaution,
Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your
information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page,
click the Refresh button.

-----------------
I looked up on microsoft's site that this was a known
issue with ie 4 to 5, but noone seems to be having this
trouble with ie6. So...what can I do about this?  I
didn't change any settings...but now I can't use the back
button if I've run a search on pages like amazon,
pcconnection or compusa.  I can use the back button to go
back on searches from google though.  I've already tried
the suggestions mentioned on the (hard to find) microsoft
page documenting this error under ie4.  I didn't have
anything set incorrectly anyway.

The ONLY thing I think I may have done in the past week
was install an old version of excel from office97. I
cringed when I did it, but the bundled software with my
new laptop wouldn't read the excel file.  Sigh...if the
old version of office installed an old version of a dll,
what can I do to fix this?  I haven't installed or
changed anything else in the last month.

..running xp on a compaq laptop.

2. ACROBAT Exchange 2.1

3. page has expired when I use back button

4. javascript error

5. IE 6.0.2600.0000.xpclient VS 6.0.2600.0000.xpclnt_qfe

6. System Restore Disabled

7. Back button - "page expired"

8. Removal - of prior history - in go to /search bar

9. Backing up Favorites ( IE 6.0.2600 )

10. IE 6.0.2600 Saved Web Pages

11. Page cannot be displayed in IE 6.0.2600

12. IE 6.0.2600 can't load page

13. RC2 to 2600 after eval expires