Problems with Internet Explorer

Post by Jim » Sun, 01 Feb 2004 04:27:59

Tried to send this message to Microsoft, without success.
Any ideas.

Dear Beloved Microsoft,

I use Internet Explorer.  On Monday, Jan. 26, it stopped
working.  Basically, I get Error messages when I attempt
to download anything.  I can still pull up web sites and
in some cases can download small items through my Real
Player.  However, when I click on the large E icon, I get
the error message with the choice of sending or not.  I
have deleted Internet Explorer and re-installed without
success.  I upgraded to XP Pro approx 1+ years ago.

Any ideas on how to get it working again?

Jim Schwindt

Post by Bruc » Sun, 01 Feb 2004 04:33:56

Tried to send this message to Microsoft, without success.
Any ideas.

Dear Beloved Microsoft,

I use Internet Explorer.  On Monday, Jan. 26, it stopped
working.  Basically, I get Error messages when I attempt
to download anything.  I can still pull up web sites and
in some cases can download small items through my Real
Player.  However, when I click on the large E icon, I get
the error message with the choice of sending or not.  I
have deleted Internet Explorer and re-installed without
success.  I upgraded to XP Pro approx 1+ years ago.

Any ideas on how to get it working again?

Jim Schwindt

Jim,

You may get a response at some point, but since this NG is for Outlook
Express, you may want to post to one of the following:

er

Bruce

1. Problems with Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer

Has anyone been able to figure out how to fix a problem
with getting the message...

"Microsoft Internet Explorer has Encountered a Problem
and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have tried downloading updates and nothing seems to
correct this problem.   One thing I did see that may be
causing this problem is....Accessories...System
Tools....System Information...Internet
Settings...Internet Explorer...File Versions, it lists
the following:

File/Version/Size/Date/Path/Company
iecont.dll      <File Missing>    Not Available   Not
Available       Not Available   Not Available

iecontlc.dll    <File Missing>    Not Available   Not
Available       Not Available   Not Available

ieuinit.inf     Not Available   19 KB   8/29/2002
12:51:44 AM     C:\WINDOWS\system32     Not Available

This is what is listed for iexplore.exe
File/Version/Size/Date/Path/Company
iexplore.exe    6.0.2800.1106   89 KB   8/29/2002 5:41:26
AM      C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer      Microsoft
Corporation

Can anyone help?  Am I missing some dll's and if so,
where can I get them?

2. can't set up fax because of missing dll files

3. problems w/internet explorer and windows explorer

4. IE 6 error reporting loop

5. Microsoft Finding Problem W/ Internet Explorer VIA-Internet

6. Upgrade from Win ME to XP

7. Printing problems in Internet Explorer

8. Lost e-mail folders after downloading IE6

9. Downloading Problems with Internet Explorer for Mac

10. problem with internet explorer

11. Problem with Internet explorer on WinXP

12. What's this Cookies problem with Internet Explorer under XP?

13. Problem with internet explorer