OE 6 XP/Home Problem with sitching Identities

OE 6 XP/Home Problem with sitching Identities

Post by Clif Cowgil » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:05:23

Am a recent convert to IE and OE from Netscape world, and so this is my
first foray into OE.

I've set up identities for both myself and my wife, and each of us have two

time (9 out of 10 ?) when we switch from one to the other identity,
everything works fine. But the one out of 10th time, OE just goes away! No
apparent error. When you try and start OE again, you get a few seconds of
hour-glass pointer, then back to regular pointer and OE does not start. OE
will not start again until Windows/XP is re-booted. Even attempting to get
mail from IE after this has happened results in the same pointer scenario.

Anybody have any ideas where to begin looking?

OE 6 XP/Home Problem with sitching Identities

Post by Steve Cochra » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 23:19:58

Try File | Folder | Compact all for each Identity and clear your Temporary
Internet Files and delete all offline content.

This can also be a problem, I believe, if you have Norton installed.

steve

> Am a recent convert to IE and OE from Netscape world, and so this is my
> first foray into OE.

> I've set up identities for both myself and my wife, and each of us have
two

the