IE 6.0 currupted - Cannot reinstall IE 5.5 to Recover

IE 6.0 currupted - Cannot reinstall IE 5.5 to Recover

Post by Dale Eshelma » Sun, 23 Feb 2003 04:30:48

When daughter was installing AOL 8.0, it corrupted IE 6.0.
Can open but cannot go to web pages.

Need the link to download the WHOLE IE 6.0 file, burn it to
CD and take it to my daughters computer. To intall IE.

Tried taking the download start file and sending it to her.
But when she puts it on her computer, connects to the
internet and starts the ie6setup.exe file an error is returned.

So I need to download the whole file UNINSTALLED to my
computer and take it to her computer.

WHERE IS THE MICROSOFT WEB SITE LINK TO GET THIS FILE?

IE 6.0 currupted - Cannot reinstall IE 5.5 to Recover

Post by marvi » Sun, 23 Feb 2003 05:34:50

  Hi Dale,
 check on this link
http://www.broomeman.com/support/wsiedown.html
  Marvin

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>When daughter was installing AOL 8.0, it corrupted IE 6.0.
>Can open but cannot go to web pages.

>Need the link to download the WHOLE IE 6.0 file, burn it
>CD and take it to my daughters computer. To intall IE.

>Tried taking the download start file and sending it to
her.
>But when she puts it on her computer, connects to the
>internet and starts the ie6setup.exe file an error is
returned.

>So I need to download the whole file UNINSTALLED to my
>computer and take it to her computer.

>WHERE IS THE MICROSOFT WEB SITE LINK TO GET THIS FILE?

>.

IE 6.0 currupted - Cannot reinstall IE 5.5 to Recover

Post by Chuck Moor » Mon, 24 Feb 2003 03:19:59

1)  Create a directory on your machine like
C:\installation files\Internet Explorer
2)  Go to Microsoft's download site and download IE6.0 sp1
to the new directory, that will get you ie6setup.exe
3)  Run ie6setup.exe from that directory.  DO NOT RUN
TYPICAL SETUP!!! Select "Install minimal or customize your
browser".
4)  Select all the pieces you want by checking the
appropriate boxes, DO NOT DO "NEXT" YET!!
5)  Click on the "Advanced..." button
6)  Check "Dowload only" in the popup.
7)  OK, then/now Next
8)  Click on browse for the download location (it will try
to put it into a "Windows Update ..." directory.  Select
the "c:/Installation Files/Internet Explorer" directory
you created earlier.
9)  I expect you can figure out the rest of what to do.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----