1) Create a directory on your machine like
C:\installation files\Internet Explorer
2) Go to Microsoft's download site and download IE6.0 sp1
to the new directory, that will get you ie6setup.exe
3) Run ie6setup.exe from that directory. DO NOT RUN
TYPICAL SETUP!!! Select "Install minimal or customize your
4) Select all the pieces you want by checking the
appropriate boxes, DO NOT DO "NEXT" YET!!
5) Click on the "Advanced..." button
6) Check "Dowload only" in the popup.
7) OK, then/now Next
8) Click on browse for the download location (it will try
to put it into a "Windows Update ..." directory. Select
the "c:/Installation Files/Internet Explorer" directory
you created earlier.
9) I expect you can figure out the rest of what to do.
>When daughter was installing AOL 8.0, it corrupted IE 6.0.
>Can open but cannot go to web pages.
>Need the link to download the WHOLE IE 6.0 file, burn it
>CD and take it to my daughters computer. To intall IE.
>Tried taking the download start file and sending it to
>But when she puts it on her computer, connects to the
>internet and starts the ie6setup.exe file an error is
>So I need to download the whole file UNINSTALLED to my
>computer and take it to her computer.
>WHERE IS THE MICROSOFT WEB SITE LINK TO GET THIS FILE?