How can I export email from OE to a particular folder in Outlook 2002?

How can I export email from OE to a particular folder in Outlook 2002?

Post by Frank B Denma » Mon, 06 Sep 2004 19:25:26

Msgs exported from OE to Outlook 2002 seem to go straight to the Inbox.  Might
there be a way to designate a destination folder?

Thanks.

Frank

Frank Denman
Denman Systems

Please delete the "x" from my email address.

How can I export email from OE to a particular folder in Outlook 2002?

Post by Tom Koc » Mon, 06 Sep 2004 20:20:03

Quote:> Msgs exported from OE to Outlook 2002 seem to go straight to the
> Inbox.  Might there be a way to designate a destination folder?

Exporting from OE to Outlook is limited. If you want to import OE
folders, try importing inside Outlook instead. It will import all mail
folders intact. If you have any folders in Outlook with the same name as
folders in OE, the messages will be combined in the folder. So any Inbox
messages in OE will end up also in the Inbox in Outlook.

Of course if you are using IMAP instead of POP3, you don't have to
import. Import works only on mail folders under the Local Folders
heirarchy.

--
----Please post questions and replies in the newsgroups----
Tom Koch - MVP for Internet Explorer and Outlook Express