Java problem in IE6

Java problem in IE6

Post by Byro » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 09:06:59



Hi folks,

I am unable to see any java stuff on my browser, I cannot
play any java games or access any other java srcipt based
stuff. I have enabled everything I can in the preferences
but this problem won't go away. I've also used every
update I can find but still...

What can I do ??

 
 
 

Java problem in IE6

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MV » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 09:49:11



Quote:> Hi folks,

> I am unable to see any java stuff on my browser, I cannot
> play any java games or access any other java srcipt based
> stuff. I have enabled everything I can in the preferences
> but this problem won't go away. I've also used every
> update I can find but still...

> What can I do ??

MS Java VM:
http://java-virtual-machine.net/download.html
http://n6hb.org/s-a/JAVA-ts.htm#ie_jvm
Sun version
http://java.sun.com/getjava/installer.html

Be aware that because of a court order Microsoft is discontinuing Java
support.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
Please respond in Newsgroup.  Do not send email
http://www.fjsmjs.com

 
 
 

Java problem in IE6

Post by Byro » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 11:06:23


Thanks for those, although the links on the first page on
the list didn't work at all.
Do I have to use this software, is there really no other
fix for the problem ?

// iro

Quote:>MS Java VM:
>http://java-virtual-machine.net/download.html
>http://n6hb.org/s-a/JAVA-ts.htm#ie_jvm
>Sun version
>http://java.sun.com/getjava/installer.html

>Be aware that because of a court order Microsoft is
discontinuing Java
>support.

>--
>Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
>Please respond in Newsgroup.  Do not send email
>http://www.fjsmjs.com

 
 
 

Java problem in IE6

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MV » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 10:15:44



Quote:> Thanks for those, although the links on the first page on
> the list didn't work at all.
> Do I have to use this software, is there really no other
> fix for the problem ?

>> MS Java VM:
>> http://java-virtual-machine.net/download.html
>> http://n6hb.org/s-a/JAVA-ts.htm#ie_jvm
>> Sun version
>> http://java.sun.com/getjava/installer.html

>> Be aware that because of a court order Microsoft is discontinuing
>> Java support.

Thanks, I've corrected my records.

If you want Java to work you need either the MS Java VM or the Sun JRE.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
Please respond in Newsgroup.  Do not send email
http://www.fjsmjs.com

 
 
 

1. IE6 ins and ssl problem

Hi,

I have a server that configures ICW with INS files over https. My problem is
that IE6 for some reason asks to save the file instead of automatically
configuring windows with the provided settings. This only occurs with the
following combination: IE6, https. IE5 and IE5.5 has no problems nor IE6
over http. Has anyone had similar problems? Is there a work-around/solution?

Regards, Alex

2. Using the Admin profile as the only a/c

3. Java Plug-ins

4. Process priority ..help

5. Java Plug-Ins

6. Refresh Problem

7. ie6 and java problems in frames page

8. Web Server Placement on NT Network

9. IE6 and Java problems

10. Java Problems in IE6

11. Java problem in IE6 on XP Pro

12. Java for IE6 Problems?

13. Java script problems using IE6