IE6 and Java problems

Post by Lew Meitzle » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 11:23:07

Sorry for the length of this, but I think it's necessary.
I have the following versions of Windows XP Home &
Internet Explorer as a result of using Microsoft's
automatic Update & checking the MS Update Web Site
manually at least weekly. It continues to tell me that I
have all the latest updates.

Windows Xp Home
- Version 5.1(Build 2600.xpsp1.020828-1920:Service Pack 1)

Internet Explorer
- Version 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp1.020828-1920
Cypher Strength 128-bit
Product ID: 55736-312-6444755-04133
Update Version:;SP1;Q328970;Q324929;

Also:
Java(TM) Runtime Environment, Standard Edition 1.4.0_01
Default Virtual Machine Version 1.4.0_01_b03
DirectX 8.1 (4.08.01.0810)

When I try to access the Bethsteel.com website I will see
the opening page, but IE will close within a couple
seconds and I receive an error msg on my desktop. Just
before IE closes I can see the msg (Applet Navigator
Ticker 11 started). The error msg following is named
hs_err_pidnnnn, where nnnn is a different number each
time. I have searched the web for this error msg and
found that although many people have this or similar
problems relating to Java, there is no real answer
available.I have been reading other posts regarding Java
and whenever I try to access some of the recommended web-
sites I have the same problem.

I have searched MS support, including the Knowledge based
articles, & also the MS newsgroups where others have
indicated receiving the same error msgs while trying to
access other sites. No one seems to have a solution.
I can get around the problem only by disabling Java in IE
Options/Security, & then I can view the website. I
receive a warning that the opening page contains ActiveX
controls and I may not be able to view everthing, but I
can view and read all the text.

hs_err_pidnnnn

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code
outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred
at PC=0x6D1B3BD3

Function=[Unknown.]

Library=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.0_01
\bin\fontmanager.dll

NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol
for the error

just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for
possible

reason and solutions.
Current Java thread:
at sun.awt.font.NativeFontWrapper.registerFonts(Native
Method)
- locked <161EE438> (a java.lang.Class)
at sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment.addPathFonts(Unknown
Source)
at sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment.registerFonts
(Unknown Source)
at sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment.access$000(Unknown
Source)
at sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
at sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment.loadFonts(Unknown
Source)
- locked <107CF7B0> (a sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment)
at sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment.mapFamilyName
(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Font.initializeFont(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Font.<init>(Unknown Source)
at NavigatorTicker11.createParams
(NavigatorTicker11.java:169)
at NavigatorTicker11.update(NavigatorTicker11.java:195)
- locked <108598A8> (a NavigatorTicker11)
at NavigatorTicker11.paint(NavigatorTicker11.java:188)
at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(Unknown
Source)

java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchyUnkno
wn Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy
(Unknown Source)
Dynamic libraries:
0x00400000 - 0x00419000 C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\iexplore.exe
Local Time = Wed Dec 25 11:24:51 2002
Elapsed Time = 16
# The exception above was detected in native code outside
the VM
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.0_01-b03 mixed
mode)

It would appear to me that I have the latest of all the
MS updates. What I don't know is whether I can download
the Java Virtual Machine (VM) and/or the SP1 for IE6 and
run that since I already have it and don't know whether I
would have to try to uninstall (VM). From what I've read
I cannot uninstall IE6 with XP.
Perhaps I should just wait until there are more updates
and hope that will take care of the problem. I don't have
any other issues with XP and don't care to start any by
treading anywhere I shouldn't.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

1. ie6 and java problems in frames page

As is stated in many other places in this newsgroup IE6 is not compatible
with and did not come with Java support built in.

You have to download the Microsoft Java VM or the Java 2 runtime from Sun.

Jerry

2. Problem with IE6 and Acrobat 5.0.1

3. Java problem in IE6

4. Moving XP to new HD

5. Java Problems in IE6

6. Missing MOTV95T.exe file

7. Java problem in IE6 on XP Pro

8. IE problem. Please help!

9. Java for IE6 Problems?

10. Java script problems using IE6

11. Problems with IE6 and Java on Windows XP

12. Problems with Windows XP and IE6 - Java Runtime

13. Java script problems using IE6