Embedded WM player

Post by Joshua Clause » Thu, 21 Feb 2002 07:30:12

I want the user to be able to use the embedded Windows
Media Player just like one uses the embedded Quicktime.
i.e. the file downloads and the user can wait with the
video paused until enough of the file has downloaded for
smooth playback of the whol file, not just however long
their buffer setting is set for.  Is there some way to
force the WM player to download the file to a cache or
something so viewers with a slow connection can just wait
for high-quality video to download?

Embedded WM player

Post by Marcos Acke » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 04:19:36

It seems that this problem is related to the MPlayer 6.4
(I've posted a message on this issue: "WMP 6.4 versus 7.X
cache").
The only available component I've found for embedded video
was similar to the MPlayer 6.4. Do you know if there is a
newer component that includes a "codebase" for automatic
download of it?

Marcos

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I want the user to be able to use the embedded Windows
>Media Player just like one uses the embedded Quicktime.
>i.e. the file downloads and the user can wait with the
>video paused until enough of the file has downloaded for
>smooth playback of the whol file, not just however long
>their buffer setting is set for.  Is there some way to
>force the WM player to download the file to a cache or
>something so viewers with a slow connection can just wait
>for high-quality video to download?
>.

1. Embedded WM Player 7 Won't Play Via Dialup

I have a Multiple Bitrate Stream at mms://209.124.84.37/cam3 I can view via
56K Dialup in Windows Media Player directly with no problem.

But when I access the HTML file created with Windows Media Services - at
http://www.theguesthouselive.com/streams/cam3.htm  - via dialup (56K), I get
nada.

Any idea why?

Anyone have experience with this, a sample page where a MBR stream comes
across via dialup, or the ability to point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Patrick

2. DDK files need

3. Where can I get WM player 9 for using WM player 9 SDK

4. IE 4.5 and OS 9.1

5. Custom UI for WM Player embedded in a web page

6. NT Password User Authentication

7. Can play using WM Player but not WM Edition

8. Multiple instances of a single CDROM drive in Win95

9. WM 9 voice codec on WM player older then 7.1

10. Can WM 9 SDK codec be played by previous WM player?

11. Embedded player 9 inconsistent with player 7 & player XP behavior

12. Selecting or Deselecting WM Player as Default Media Player

13. Problem embedding WM in Internet Explorer