Asm support in DevStudio

Post by C.H.Skilbec » Tue, 11 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have found the assembler support in DevStudio to be somewhat lacking - you
have to fool about with custom build steps, and there's no syntax
highlighting available - does anyone know
A. If microsoft are going to sort this out
or
B. If any 3rd party has done something about it?

Asm support in DevStudio

Post by Skiwo- » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> I have found the assembler support in DevStudio to be somewhat lacking - you
> have to fool about with custom build steps, and there's no syntax
> highlighting available - does anyone know
> A. If microsoft are going to sort this out
> or
> B. If any 3rd party has done something about it?

  just add :

 __asm
{

Quote:}

you can use EAX, EBX, ECX , EDX , ESI , and EDI (EBP cant be used since it
stores the local and global variables in it)
hope it helps

Asm support in DevStudio

Post by C.H.Skilbec » Fri, 14 Aug 1998 04:00:00

  just add :

Quote:

> __asm
>{
>}

>you can use EAX, EBX, ECX , EDX , ESI , and EDI (EBP cant be used since it
>stores the local and global variables in it)
>hope it helps

Heh - thanks for the tip....

Actually, I want support for externally built asm files (I have my reasons,
one of which you just mentioned..).

Asm support in DevStudio

Post by Frederic SAVOI » Fri, 14 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Simply Use Custom Build in your project with Macro... It's works great for
me :-)

Sincerely,

Fred

Asm support in DevStudio

Post by C.H.Skilbec » Sat, 15 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>Simply Use Custom Build in your project with Macro... It's works great for
>me :-)

erm, yes, thanks, I do, but what I really want is:

    syntax highlighting (not usertype.dat which really sucks)
    custom tab settings for .asm files
    less fooling about with custom build (eg, set a default for .asm files,
instead of setting it each time)
    more cool stuff

Asm support in DevStudio

Post by Srikanth B. » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>>Simply Use Custom Build in your project with Macro... It's works great for
>>me :-)

>erm, yes, thanks, I do, but what I really want is:

>    syntax highlighting (not usertype.dat which really sucks)
>    custom tab settings for .asm files
>    less fooling about with custom build (eg, set a default for .asm files,
>instead of setting it each time)
>    more cool stuff

Hi,
Try Using VIM 5.1. Get it from http://www.vim.org/ Real Cool Stuff. You can
even plug this thing into the Devstudio.
Srikanth

Asm support in DevStudio

Post by Frederic SAVOI » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>>>Simply Use Custom Build in your project with Macro... It's works great
for
>>>me :-)

>>erm, yes, thanks, I do, but what I really want is:

>>    syntax highlighting (not usertype.dat which really sucks)
>>    custom tab settings for .asm files
>>    less fooling about with custom build (eg, set a default for .asm
files,
>>instead of setting it each time)
>>    more cool stuff

Ok you need to select all you file .asm then in the Setting options you will
need to set you custom build once ! :-)
But you will need to use macro to make sure your custom will work on all
projects. :-)

If you need I could post my custom build settings ?

Very best regards