Jovian SuperVIA--can it make AVI files?

Post by ultimot.. » Mon, 10 Oct 1994 02:54:13

Quote:>Well, I've posted two times to CIS' Graphics Vendor SUpport forum where
>Jovian resides, but no response.

>Anyway, I've come into possession of a SuperVIA video capture board from
>Jovian. After reading through the documentation, I am still not sure if
>this board is suitable for AVI file creation...anyone out there use it
>for this? PLEASE EMAIL ME! I about to buy a new system and need to know
>if this board will work to make at least 15fps AVI files...

The Jovian SuperVIA card is supported by the OS/2 Video IN package.
Using VideoIN and the built-in Ultimotion realtime compressor, you can
make the AVI files you describe.  Movie quality is, of course, a function of
your system's overall throughput performance.

The SuperVIA does not have its VRAM organized in the most efficient
manner.  However, the OS/2 device driver shields handles this and
yields 15FPS capture on most 486 machines.

Les Wilson - OS/2 Digital Video Poobah

1. Jovian SuperVIA--can it make AVI files?

Well, I've posted two times to CIS' Graphics Vendor SUpport forum where
Jovian resides, but no response.

Anyway, I've come into possession of a SuperVIA video capture board from
Jovian. After reading through the documentation, I am still not sure if
this board is suitable for AVI file creation...anyone out there use it
for this? PLEASE EMAIL ME! I about to buy a new system and need to know
if this board will work to make at least 15fps AVI files...

Thanks,
Brendon

Brendon Macaraeg

2. Hardware Puzzle -No Direct Stereo Out from Audio CD

3. Making a .wav file into an .avi file

4. Responding to emails

5. help on making avi files

6. "Make this folder private"

7. Making AVI or similar files?

8. i get yellow dots when i′m watching a movie

9. Package for making AVI files on unix

10. Tools for making .AVI files

11. Making screen savers out of AVI files

12. i want the AVI file change becase other media programs don't play changing AVI

13. What is the input voltage of Jovian Logic VIN encoder