Stop Error Blue Screen 0xC0000005 (no other information on blue screen)

Stop Error Blue Screen 0xC0000005 (no other information on blue screen)

Post by Patrick Alexande » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 13:50:19

I am trying to isolate a problem with windows media player.  I can play
media files in safe mode completely, but in normal mode I cannot and the
result is a blue screen. I also am having problems playing any games.  After
a while of playing the game I get the same blue screen with the same error.
The two problems, I believe, are related.  I have tried the Adaptec
workarounds but to no avail.  System info is:  windows 2000 with SP1, 233
Mhz, 128 MB of RAM, etc. etc, yadda yadda yadda, I dont think it is a
hardware problem, and btw the error happens regardless of video card and
type)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Stop Error Blue Screen 0xC0000005 (no other information on blue screen)

Post by zachd [ms » Sun, 25 Feb 2001 16:49:00

Quote:> I am trying to isolate a problem with windows media player.  I can play
> media files in safe mode completely, but in normal mode I cannot and the
> result is a blue screen. I also am having problems playing any games.
After
> a while of playing the game I get the same blue screen with the same
error.
> The two problems, I believe, are related.  I have tried the Adaptec
> workarounds but to no avail.  System info is:  windows 2000 with SP1, 233
> Mhz, 128 MB of RAM, etc. etc, yadda yadda yadda, I dont think it is a
> hardware problem, and btw the error happens regardless of video card and
> type)

What's the commonality between steps to blue screen?

Audio-only files?
Files with video?
Local files?
Networked files?

How about WMP6.4?  Does this work?  (Go to Start:Run:mplayer2.exe to access
it.)

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some generally helpful WMP
info.

1. BLUE SCREEN..BLUE SCREEN...BLUE SCREEN..BLUE SCREEN..BLUE SCREEN!

I keep getting a blue screen this is what I get..Any help........PLEASE
HELP!

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.
The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x0081e440, 0x00000002, 0x00000001,
0x804f6521).
A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS2\Minidump\Mini050702-01.dmp.

For
more information, see Help and Support Center at

2. General protection faults

3. start - blue screen message - restart - blue screen message - merry go round

4. CE Pro OS ROM Upgrade?

5. Repeated blue screen Stop Error Screen

6. Adoce & "sum"

7. Blue Screen of Death:0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0xF614ceb1, 0xF7AF8A2c, 0xF7AF872c)

8. Be-Opera vs. Opera 3.6

9. Blue Screen Error - Cannot write to C Drive and Screen Saver Freezes

10. Blue Screen Stop Error or Spontaneous Reboot Playing MPEG2 Video Files.

11. I'm blue for a blue screen!

12. Windows XP no longer starting up...blue screen with stop error...

13. Blue screen STOP ERROR 0000007f