WMP9: Midi entries - cannot alter Album, Artist, Album Artist, Composer, but can alter genre

WMP9: Midi entries - cannot alter Album, Artist, Album Artist, Composer, but can alter genre

Post by Ken Tucke » Mon, 12 May 2003 05:53:15

I'm stumped.  Anyone know anything about this?  Whatever I key in gets
immediately blanked out.

Ken

WMP9: Midi entries - cannot alter Album, Artist, Album Artist, Composer, but can alter genre

Post by zachd [ms » Mon, 12 May 2003 06:50:39

That's correct - metadata editing is not supported for MIDI files.

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Following up to your post with the resolution is good netiquette.
All e-mail to this account will bounce or be deleted - *use the newsgroups*.
--

Quote:> I'm stumped.  Anyone know anything about this?  Whatever I key in gets
> immediately blanked out.

> Ken

1. Album Artist not added to Media Library Artist tree when ripping CDs

Since none of my bug postings on the release version have had an "official"
response ( which I hope means that a patch will appear on Windows Update any
day now :-) ), I will ask further: was this particular issue intended to
inflame all those posters who complained about lack of support for Classical
and Jazz albums? This hoses the use of the Album Artist to compensate for
lack of adequate Composer support. The release version has less features for
the serious album collector than the release candidate - and any bug
progress in this area is marginal.

2. netscape and opening more then 1 window

3. BUG REPORT: Media Library: browse by artist+album ignores artist name

4. Product ID no.

5. Some files don't have Artist, Album, Genre attributes, why?

6. 1st INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON M H E G

7. WMP9 Library - Album (Artist)

8. EAPOL error

9. WMP9 w/ Runtime Error @ Line: 481 (album & artist info)

10. WMP9 and same Album of different Artists

11. WMP9 Album Update Doesn't Work for New Albums

12. Artist From Album Collection?

13. Unknown Artist/Album