Windows Media Bonus Pack: convert mp3 to wma on xp desktops

Windows Media Bonus Pack: convert mp3 to wma on xp desktops

Post by MDPG » Thu, 17 Oct 2002 05:32:58

if you're running Windows XP, check out the Winodws Media Bonus Pack. It
includes a utility to convert MP3 files to WMA. WMA files save space on your
removable media, and provide a more consistent experience with the windows
media player for pocket pc.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/bonuspack.asp

--
Scott Moore
Microsoft Corp. - OEM Mobile Devices TAM

This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risks for your use.

Windows Media Bonus Pack: convert mp3 to wma on xp desktops

Post by qapla9 » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:31:47

Thanks Scott.  I have been using the tool and have found that the sound
quality is SERIOUSLY degraded after conversion (I'm listening to spoken word
lectures, about 1.0 hours long and about 12 mb MP3s before conversion.)  Any
way to improve the quality of the outbound WMA files?

My PocketPC will only play the first 20 minutes of ANY MP3 file (Toshiba
e740) and it's incredibly frustrating when trying to listen to longish
clips.  I have a lot of memory and should be able to listen to large clips.

Any advice appreciated.

Quote:> if you're running Windows XP, check out the Winodws Media Bonus Pack. It
> includes a utility to convert MP3 files to WMA. WMA files save space on
your
> removable media, and provide a more consistent experience with the windows
> media player for pocket pc.

> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/bonuspack.asp

> --
> Scott Moore
> Microsoft Corp. - OEM Mobile Devices TAM

> This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
> You assume all risks for your use.

Windows Media Bonus Pack: convert mp3 to wma on xp desktops

Post by Bruce Shellenbau » Thu, 21 Nov 2002 02:04:23

Try playing the mp3s through pocketDivx. It'll play them just fine and
can handle higher quality mp3 than winmediaplayer.