Win XP And Playing Audio Files

Post by Lana William » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 02:36:36

I just upgraded my computer, replacing almost everything including my hard
drive and motherboard and have a clean install now of XP Home.  When I play
audio files in either Creative Play Center (software with new live sound
card) or Win Media Player 7 (part of XP) it "stutters" every 10 seconds or
so.  This happens whether I play files from my hard drive, stream internet
audio or just play audio CDs.  It sounds like a local buffer or streaming
problem perhaps. A friend of mine mentioned XP having problems with audio,
but this could be something I can fix in a setting somewhere.  I haven't
found any windows update patches for this.  Does anyone have this problem or
know what may be causing this?  I have installed a good audio system and I
can't really enjoy it.

Many thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays!
Lana
:o)

1. playing real media audio files on win media 7 player

i am using win media player 7 for some time. i used to download .rm audio
files, rip them and then transfer them to media player 7 and play.
recently i have upgraded to Win ME and now i find that .rm files do not
open and i get message that thi format is not supported. Is there a way
out. Can any one help.

2. XP Won't Stand By, Hibernate

3. audio won't play in .avi file

4. Problem with VerQueryValue

5. Media player won't play saved audio files

6. No video on dial up

7. WM9 won't play .cda files (CD Audio)

8. Util to change IP address.

9. WMP 7.1 won't play "protected" audio files

10. Audio Files won't play

11. .avi files won't play audio

12. Media Player won't play saved audio files

13. "Waveout format not supported" <My audio files won't play