NT/@K Lock down tool

Post by mark » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 01:26:48

Hello all,

In setting up a new win2k server, I of course used the
lock down tool to make sure all vulnerbilities were
elimenated before I attched the sever to the network.

My problem is now I think it is locked down too much
because I get an error that clients connect to the
server.  How does everyone else lock down their servers
for maximum security?

p.s.  I know it has to be a "too tight" security issue
because I have an identical server that wasn't locked
down and is configured the same way that can stream with
no problem.  ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

1. DirectX errors, games lock, Diagnostic Tool locks

I am running XP professional (upgrade version), AMD
Athlon 800mhz, 512MB RAM, Asus K7 mobo, MSI GeForce 4
ti4400 AGP.
When I try to open a game it locks.  When I try to run
the DirectX Diagnostic Tool it locks at the third bar of
progress, in the progress meter.  I have to reset my
machine to get it running again.
I thought it might be bad memory, but I switched in some
older memory and I still have the same problem.  I don't
get any error messages.
I've reinstalled DirectX drivers, videocard drivers.  I
am at a loss.
Any thoughts or questions?
Please help, it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
gracerx

2. fwd: PartionMagic 3.0 customers using NTFS

3. REQ: Lock down software app under NT

4. uninstall unwanted language pack

5. Win95 client lock-down in Novell and NT environment

6. Looking for AVI animations..

7. Publisher Seeks Software or Multimedia Titles

8. Lock down NT

9. Locking down the LOGON in NT Workstation 4.0

10. NT 4.0 num lock/caps lock problem

11. LED Status Indicator for Caps Lock Num Lock & Scroll Lock

12. keyboard problems: keyboard unusable after pressing caps-lock, num-lock or scroll-lock