Request vendor list

Request vendor list

Post by George Kostas Gro » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00



Greetings all:

Does anyone have a list (1 or more :-) ) of vendors that have a DirectShow
software CODEC for MPEG2. I have a source filter that accommodates lived data
and I want to test with various software CODECs. I have done some web searching,
but was not successful.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

George K. Grous
BroadLogic Incorporated
http://www.broadlogic.com
E-mail address ROT13 encoded

 
 
 

Request vendor list

Post by Peter Kootsooko » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00


Quote:>Does anyone have a list (1 or more :-) ) of vendors that have a DirectShow
>software CODEC for MPEG2. I have a source filter that accommodates lived
data
>and I want to test with various software CODECs. I have done some web
searching,
>but was not successful.

G'day George,

Sorry, no information for you : except that I have looked too and have not
found alot.  If you are more successful, please post your findings here!

Ciao,

Peter K.

Peter J. Kootsookos
Mb: +353 87 207 7589

 
 
 

Request vendor list

Post by George Kostas Gro » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00


On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:53:58 +0100, "Peter Kootsookos"

Sure thing Peter.... :-) Hope all is going well for you.

Quote:>>Does anyone have a list (1 or more :-) ) of vendors that have a DirectShow
>>software CODEC for MPEG2. I have a source filter that accommodates lived
>data
>>and I want to test with various software CODECs. I have done some web
>searching,
>>but was not successful.

>G'day George,

>Sorry, no information for you : except that I have looked too and have not
>found alot.  If you are more successful, please post your findings here!

>Ciao,

>Peter K.

>Peter J. Kootsookos
>Mb: +353 87 207 7589

Best regards,

George K. Grous
BroadLogic Incorporated
http://www.broadlogic.com
E-mail address ROT13 encoded

 
 
 

Request vendor list

Post by Charles Do » Thu, 02 Sep 1999 04:00:00



>Greetings all:

>Does anyone have a list (1 or more :-) ) of vendors that have a DirectShow
>software CODEC for MPEG2. I have a source filter that accommodates lived data
>and I want to test with various software CODECs. I have done some web
> searching,
>but was not successful.

The best software MPEG2 player (DirectShow filter) is Ligos MPEG2 player
(www.ligos.com). The beta version is available, and works until the 20th of
September. They also have an MPEG2 encoder.

And supposedly the final version will cost about $30.

 
 
 

Request vendor list

Post by Peter Kootsooko » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00


Quote:>The best software MPEG2 player (DirectShow filter) is Ligos MPEG2 player
>(www.ligos.com). The beta version is available, and works until the 20th of
>September. They also have an MPEG2 encoder.

Actually, I disagree.  I found their beta version quite buggy compared with
the QI/Ravisent software decoder.

Having said that, I sent ligos my comments / bug reports and they were very
responsive... unlike Ravisent.

It's all a zero-sum game.

Ciao,

Peter K.