problem with Album info and Artist info

Post by Sharon Holz » Mon, 07 Apr 2003 06:28:12

Hi,
I've just downloaded wmp 9 and it doesn't seem to be able to get any
info on my media. I always get the no sdditional ingo available...
Any suggestions ?
Thanks
Sharon

problem with Album info and Artist info

Post by Aron Stocke » Mon, 07 Apr 2003 18:56:13

Dear Sharon

I've the same problem at this time since I've downloaded WMP 9...

Anyone can help us?

Aron

Quote:> Hi,
> I've just downloaded wmp 9 and it doesn't seem to be able to get any
> info on my media. I always get the no sdditional ingo available...
> Any suggestions ?
> Thanks
> Sharon

problem with Album info and Artist info

Post by Bria » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 01:20:51

I am having the same problem. I'm assuming once again
microsoft in their vast wisdom "F*cked Up" again and
created another good program full of bugs. I have it on
an XP pro system and Album info is unavailable to me. And
if you notice a four minute song in the playlist shows to
last about 93:06:09 minutes. Go figure. I also have it on
my ME system and it runs flawless. So I'm thinking their
WMP9 for XP is actually designed for Windows is a piece
of junk operating system. Coming soon to a garbage can
near you. No wonder the top computer companies (including
microsoft) use klinux servers. They even know they sell
sh*t!

~ Brian

nel messaggio

>> Hi,
>> I've just downloaded wmp 9 and it doesn't seem to be
able to get any
>> info on my media. I always get the no sdditional ingo
available...
>> Any suggestions ?
>> Thanks
>> Sharon

>.

problem with Album info and Artist info

Post by Erin Dallin [M » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 01:41:55

What operating system are you using?  What type of file are you using?

problem with Album info and Artist info

Post by Aron Stocke » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 03:02:54

Hi,

I'm using a normal mp3 file on a WinXP enviromnent. When I used WMP 8 all
was OK.

Aron Stocker

Quote:> What operating system are you using?  What type of file are you using?

rights.

problem with Album info and Artist info

Post by Chris [M » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:16:01

Are those mp3 files variable bit rate? If so itt is due to whether or not
the TLEN (Total Length) field was set appropriately in the ID3v2 version 3
or higher tag when the file was encoded/ripped. If it is set properly, the
length shows fine. If it is not, WMP will sample the bit rate of the first
few frames and determine the length that way (and with VBR files, it can be
inaccurate because of the nature of VBR).

Chris[MS]
===

Also this FAQ:
http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html

1. "Find Album Info" getting wrong album info

Hello,

I have a album that is a two CD set.  If I put the 1st CD
in the "Find Album Info" gets the correct album info.
When I put the 2nd CD in "Find Album Info" displays the
info for the first CD.  MusicMatch and WinAmp finds the
correct album info, why does WMP not ?

I asked this question about a week ago and zachd [ms]"

with:

I did that and I get the wrong album info.
Were you asking me to re-input all of the info for the
2nd CD ?  If so, why ?  The correct info is there, WMP is
just not grabbing the right disk info.

Zach, do you have a contact that I could email or call to
try to figure this out ?  I'd be glad to make a copy of
the CD set and mail it so MS could see for its self whats
going on.

Thanks...

2. Technical Support

3. WMP9 w/ Runtime Error @ Line: 481 (album & artist info)

4. Fax Console & Outlook Fax

5. WMP not populating artist/album info when CD inserted

6. IE6 opens new window (home page) at random

7. Album/Artist info doesn't work

8. Why the propertysheet can not work properly under Windows 95

9. saving album, artist, audio, video etc info

10. Artist/Song/Album/Time etc info In Explorer File

11. WMP9: Midi entries - cannot alter Album, Artist, Album Artist, Composer, but can alter genre

12. Find Album Info - deleting info for a single CD

13. Amending wrongly identified albums and locking album info