Is Media Format 9 SDK needed in conjunction with Media Encoder SDK for live broadcast?

Is Media Format 9 SDK needed in conjunction with Media Encoder SDK for live broadcast?

Post by Gery D. Dorazi » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:47:47

I still can't get the Media Encoder to work...e.g. set my other posts on
6/29 and 6/27. Does the Media Format 9 SDK need to be installed for the
Media Encoder 9 to work for broadcasting live video?

Thanks,
Gery

--
Gery D. Dorazio
Development Engineer

EnQue Corporation
1334 Queens Road
C*te, NC 28207
(704) 377-3327
www.enque.net

Is Media Format 9 SDK needed in conjunction with Media Encoder SDK for live broadcast?

Post by Mike M » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:42:00

No.  You just need Media Encoder.  Once you start the encoding job, clients
(Media Player) can connect directly to the encoder or you can use Windows
Media Services to broadcast your video.  When the client connects directly
to the encoder you are doing unicast stream meaning each new connection
consumes bandwidth.  If you use Media Services you can configure a multicast
station that "broadcasts" the stream and each new client does not consume
bandwidth.  I suggest getting it working just connecting directly to the
encoding job and progress to Media Services if you want.

Quote:> I still can't get the Media Encoder to work...e.g. set my other posts on
> 6/29 and 6/27. Does the Media Format 9 SDK need to be installed for the
> Media Encoder 9 to work for broadcasting live video?

> Thanks,
> Gery

> --
> Gery D. Dorazio
> Development Engineer

> EnQue Corporation
> 1334 Queens Road
> C*te, NC 28207
> (704) 377-3327
> www.enque.net

Is Media Format 9 SDK needed in conjunction with Media Encoder SDK for live broadcast?

Post by Gery D. Dorazi » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:08:12

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately my problem is at the other end of the
pipe between DirectX (or the WDM driver) and Media Encoder. I had a reply to
Michael Paton in another post (that actually didn't post so I sent it to
him...) that I will install here. I basically can't get my video card to
talk to the Media Encoder. Here is the post to Michael:

Hi Michael,

Quote:

> The capture device is an AverTV capture board connected to a Mintron
camera.
> I have other applications written in DirectShow that get video from this
> camera. The capture board has a Conexant BT878 chip on board. This is
widely
> used chip on many video boards. The driver is a public driver but does not
> have the Microsoft XP tested seal of approval. However, it's WDM driver
has
> always worked for my applications. (I assume it could still have a problem
> talking to Media Encoder if that is how these subsystems work..)

> The Media Encoder 9 version I have installed is Version 9.00.00.2980. The
> DirectX 9.0 build is 021204.

> I use GraphEdit and add the WDM Streaming Capture Device: "Conexant's
BtPCI
> Capture". Then I render the capture pin and run the filter graph. A video
> window appears. Then I start Media Encoder. (If I don't start GraphEdit
> first the Media Encoder fails when trying to show the properties dialog:
> SUCCEEDED(hr) At line 103 of

d:\builds\nt32_chk\multimedia\dshow\filters\core\filgraph\filgraph\rlist.cpp

Quote:> Continue? (Cancel to debug).)  In GraphEdit I set the capture pin
properties
> to Video Standard NTSC_M, 29.970 frame rate, RGB 32, and output size
> 320x240. (I am suspicious here though because I don't know what the filter
> graph manager may be doing to change the properties...)

> Next, I start Media Encoder and then show the properties window in Media
> Encoder.
> On the Sources tab:
> 1) I uncheck the audio
> 2) I select the Conexant device from the video
> On the Output tab - "Pull from encoder" is checked with port number 8080
> On Compression tab:
> 1) Destination is left at "Windows Media server (streaming)
> 2) Video is set to "Live broadcase video (CBR)", 259 Kbps, 29.97 fps,
> 320x240, two-pass encoding is NOT checked
> On Video Size tab - no cropping, resize is "Same as profile", bitrate,
> width, and height same as what is on Compression tab
> On Processing tab video is None, pixel format is (default)
> No plugins
> No security
> On Advanced tab - Identification name is "WMEncoder20196", time code is
NOT

--
Gery D. Dorazio
Development Engineer

EnQue Corporation
1334 Queens Road
C*te, NC 28207
(704) 377-3327
www.enque.net

> No.  You just need Media Encoder.  Once you start the encoding job,
clients
> (Media Player) can connect directly to the encoder or you can use Windows
> Media Services to broadcast your video.  When the client connects directly
> to the encoder you are doing unicast stream meaning each new connection
> consumes bandwidth.  If you use Media Services you can configure a
multicast
> station that "broadcasts" the stream and each new client does not consume
> bandwidth.  I suggest getting it working just connecting directly to the
> encoding job and progress to Media Services if you want.

> > I still can't get the Media Encoder to work...e.g. set my other posts on
> > 6/29 and 6/27. Does the Media Format 9 SDK need to be installed for the
> > Media Encoder 9 to work for broadcasting live video?

> > Thanks,
> > Gery

> > --
> > Gery D. Dorazio
> > Development Engineer

> > EnQue Corporation
> > 1334 Queens Road
> > C*te, NC 28207
> > (704) 377-3327
> > www.enque.net

1. Trying to convert from Windows Media Audio SDK to Windows Media SDK

My problem is that I don't know how to set bitrate / number of channels /
sampling rate of audio file to be created by IWMWriter.

The new Media SDK is much more complicated and seams to be bullshit. Also
the thing with the profiles (IWMProfileManager and IWMProfile) doesn't make
sense to me. For example, method AddMutualExclusion(): What the hell is a
mutual? I just want to convert an audio file to WMA format.

Best regards

2. DEVICETODESKTOP and Emulator

3. in Application with Direct Show SDK and WIndows Media Format SDK

4. File Sharing

5. interact format SDK with encoder SDK?

6. The effects of "swen" / Worm.Automat.AHB

7. how to use format SDK with encoder SDK?

8. How do I configure an external USB 2.0 HDD?

9. How am I supposed to download Windows Media Format SDK?

10. live broadcast from Format SDK?

11. Windows Media Encoder/Format SDKs

12. Need Hepl....Windows Media Format SDK vs DirectShow