Windows update history shows "Processing" instead of "Successful"

Windows update history shows "Processing" instead of "Successful"

Post by Mac » Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:24:21

Windows Update history  shows "Processing" against Windows
Media Player 9 instead of "Successful" after I installed
the Series 9 version. The newly installed Window Media
Player 9 appears to work normally, as I can watch the
website I logged into.

I followed the installation instructions by turning on
System Restore as of that moment for an update point,
before I installed Window Media Player 9, in my second
reinstall. In my first install a week ago, I did not turn
on System Restore. However, today's efforts made no
difference to the reinstall, which was not even recognized
in the Windows Update history which still showed last
weeks date.

What is the meaning of "Processing"

Windows update history shows "Processing" instead of "Successful"

Post by zachd [ms » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:45:48

I don't know... once the install complets, Windows Update should be happy.
It may want you to reboot or something first.  If there's a Windows Update
newsgroup, they might have more info...

-Zach
See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Following up to your post with the resolution is good netiquette.
All e-mail to this account will bounce or be deleted - *use the newsgroups*.
--

Quote:> Windows Update history  shows "Processing" against Windows

Post by Mac » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 01:23:13

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

>I don't know... once the install complets, Windows Update
should be happy.
>It may want you to reboot or something first.  If there's
a Windows Update
>newsgroup, they might have more info...

>-Zach
>--
>(speaking for myself and doing this in my free time)
>See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some
helpful WMP info.
>Following up to your post with the resolution is good
netiquette.
confers no rights.
>All e-mail to this account will bounce or be deleted -

*use the newsgroups*.

>--

>> Windows Update history  shows "Processing" against
Windows
>> Media Player 9 instead of "Successful" after I installed
>> the Series 9 version. The newly installed Window Media
>> Player 9 appears to work normally, as I can watch the
>> website I logged into.

>> I followed the installation instructions by turning on
>> System Restore as of that moment for an update point,
>> before I installed Window Media Player 9, in my second
>> reinstall. In my first install a week ago, I did not
turn
>> on System Restore. However, today's efforts made no
>> difference to the reinstall, which was not even
recognized
>> in the Windows Update history which still showed last
>> weeks date.

>> What is the meaning of "Processing"

Thanks Zach,

History of updates still show "In Progress" against WMP
install despite reinstalling it two times. System Restore
does however show second reinstall. Since I am not
knowledgeable enough to pursue this further and it appears
that WMP works for the purpose of receiving broadcast from
EWTN, I will not pursue this matter further. Once again
thanks for the response. Mac

Quote:

>.

1. subfolders of "Sent Items" show "From" instead of "To"

I'm sure this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find it...

When I create sub-folders under "Sent Items," I'd like
(and expect) for them to inherit the characteristics of
the parent - namely displaying the "To" recipient.  But
they all display "From" instead, like normal folders.

This has been a function in Netscape Mail (and other
programs) forever, and I've got to believe there's a
simple way of doing this in OE that I've missed.
Right ... ??

Thanks in advance for any help.  Please respond via email
if possible.

2. Oops

3. |||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

4. Window Updates on Win 2000 workstations using SUS

5. WANTED """ NT 3.51 Training Videos """" WANTED

6. Font parameters not preserved across mapping change

7. folders showing "from" when they should show "to"

8. file veiw for CE

9. can't access "windows explorer" , "my computer", "control panel"

10. "Agree" "Disagree" buttons don't show on MS LIC window

11. How to "Download" Instead of "Stream" from Web Link

12. Making email group members "BCC" instead of "TO" in OE6.00.26