ReelMagic and Visual Basic

Post by Nalin R Pat » Wed, 10 Aug 1994 13:10:34

I've been having problems developing applications in Visual Basic
for the ReelMagic card. When opening and playing a video,
the current visual basic screen generally flashes before the
video starts-up and the  video itself is usually jerky for the
first few frames. I've gone through the standard visual basic methods
for speeding up graphics, but with few improvements.

I was hoping that someone out there would have
some advice and recommendations for creating smoother transitions
into videos in Visual Basic. Should I open them in Forms or Picture boxes?
Is the wicked expensive ReelMagic Developers Kit worth getting?
Would it help with these problems?

Thanks.

ReelMagic and Visual Basic

Post by Eric Hayas » Wed, 10 Aug 1994 17:13:08

Quote:

>I've been having problems developing applications in Visual Basic
>for the ReelMagic card. When opening and playing a video,
>the current visual basic screen generally flashes before the
>video starts-up and the  video itself is usually jerky for the
>first few frames. I've gone through the standard visual basic methods
>for speeding up graphics, but with few improvements.
>I was hoping that someone out there would have
>some advice and recommendations for creating smoother transitions
>into videos in Visual Basic. Should I open them in Forms or Picture boxes?
>Is the wicked expensive ReelMagic Developers Kit worth getting?
>Would it help with these problems?

>Thanks.

Im currently involved in a project developing a video game using the reel
magic board.  We are developing in c++, using the latest sdk's and toolkits,
and we are having the same pallette flash problems as you are. We are disguising
it with other elements of gameplay, but it is a nuisance. I wouldn't recommend
purchasing the sdk at this point, unless the flashing really proves to be a
problem, or unless Sigma gets the problem resolved.

1. HELP!!! Visual Basic Basics

I have NEVER touched programming before, and would like to start with
visual Basic.
Can anyone tell me if i can download a program so i can write in VB? Is it
freeware or do i have to pay?
Hope someone can help me, i know its a pathetic plea but i've got to start
somewhere.
Thanks in advance,
Matt

2. Mystery of socket communication Cond...

3. Visual Pascal ? <=> Visual Basic

4. Operating system not found

5. Media Player 7 ActiveX in Visual C++ and Visual Basic

6. News Rules

7. Visual Basic vs. Visual C++

8. how to connect to the mail server?

9. CE 3.0 SDK for eMbedded Visual Basic (eMbedded Visual Tools)???

10. Visual C++ DLL in Visual Basic

11. What does the author of "Visual Basic Windows CE Programming" say about Visual CE?