data invalid

Post by Joe » Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:18:06

I give!  I've download the codec patch for WMP v7. I am
now sitting at v 7.01.00.3055

msg is ... the data is invalid .... error 8007000D
when trying to play an '.avi' file from the web. I get
this msg when I dial in the old fashion way vis a modem...
if I use my dsl connection to the same site and file I get
a msg that the ... there is no network connection ...

what am I not seeing here?

data invalid

Post by zachd [ms » Sun, 16 Jun 2002 11:22:32

What's the URL to a file exhibiting this issue?  Does other content work?
AVIs aren't generally good test candidates these days...

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Mail to this account will bounce - use the newsgroups.
Following up to your post with the resolution is helpful.
--

Quote:> I give!  I've download the codec patch for WMP v7. I am
> now sitting at v 7.01.00.3055

> msg is ... the data is invalid .... error 8007000D
> when trying to play an '.avi' file from the web. I get
> this msg when I dial in the old fashion way vis a modem...
> if I use my dsl connection to the same site and file I get
> a msg that the ... there is no network connection ...

> what am I not seeing here?

1. Directshow : AVI Mux Filter - Data invalid - HELP PLZ

Hi !

I have an incredible error using the AVI Mux Filter.
I use it with my own MP3 encoder filter. This filter works fine except with
the avi mux filter.

The error is "Data is invalid" (previous post Directshow -Data invalid). I
believed this error came from the presentation time but in fact it came from
my samples data size. This error occurs on the second processed sample.

When I change the code (at the end of the transform() function)
SetActualDataLength(length) to SetActualDataLength(0) I have no more error.
But I have no more sound too :(

If I put length*2 in the SetActualDataLength(), the error occurs on the
fifth processed sample. If I put length*4 there is no more error but I have
some gaps in my result compressed sound.

So I don't understand anything in there !!! Is the avi mux filter checks the
data integrity of my samples ??? and if yes, why ?? More, the data integrity
is perfect otherwise I should not have a perfect result sound.

Is there anybody from Microsoft who can help me ??
Can we find the AVI Mux filter source code ?

I am desesperate......

Mike

2. Move hard drive to new system

3. data invalid

4. XP/XP upgrade

5. data invalid???????please help!

6. How to delete recently played media files(links)???

7. Data Invalid Error for NIC

8. MSN Messenger

9. USB Mass Storage - Data Invalid message when installing driver

10. data invalid with soundblaster live 5.1 install

11. data invalid error !

12. Installing Sis Audio Driver - Data Invalid?

13. 'Data Invalid' error when installing SCSI PCI card