video e-mail

Post by Don Barnha » Mon, 24 Oct 1994 11:41:11

> Does anyone know anything about the present state of video e-mail?

Good question....if anyone plans on responding plse add me to the address
list......thanks

//Opinions expressed belong to me. Not my employer, my boss, my wife or my
children!//

**RIDE A HARLEY! - IT'S GOOD FOR YOU!**    //barney//

(904) 456-2003                       Pensacola, FL

video e-mail

Post by ultimot.. » Mon, 24 Oct 1994 20:41:00

>> Does anyone know anything about the present state of video e-mail?

OS/2 WARP includes a bonus of application software.  The Intenet Access Kit
portion includes UltiMail.  UltiMail lets you combine video and/or audio with
your e-mail.

Les Wilson - OS/2 Digital Video Poobah

video e-mail

Post by Payman Khali » Wed, 26 Oct 1994 13:53:35

>Subject: Re: video e-mail
>Date: 22 Oct 1994 21:41:11 -0500

>> Does anyone know anything about the present state of video e-mail?

>Good question....if anyone plans on responding plse add me to the address
>list......thanks

Right now, Lotus Notes is capable of embedding video, still images, sounds
and many other objects into an email.

There are other applications which may also allow you to include objects in an
email.  I know that "Z-mail" is capable of embedding images.  I'm not sure if
it can embed movies, though.

Good luck!

-Payman

1. Send *Video* email messages over internet!

There is a new product in the stores now (or soon) that enables you
to create video email to send over the internet (or Compuserve, or AOL, or...)

The picture quality is very good, and a frame rate of 20 fps is common at
a very high quality picture.  The best news is that -- because of our
compression technology -- it is not a net hog like you might expect.  For
example, I can create a video email (VMail) message 2 minutes long and it
will take less that 1 MB in space.

What's even better, is that when it creates the video message, it embeds
a player into the message, so that once the person on the other end receives
the VMail, they can just play it without special hardware or even
owning the software product that created the VMail.

The product is called AudioVision by Smith Micro Software, and in addition
to creating VMail, it is also a surprisingly good video telephone for your PC.

If interested, check out our web site:

http://www.teleport.com/~pciwww/

or contact your local computer SW store.

2. Help installing

3. video e-mail

4. error message #C00D2751

5. Send Video Email with NO File attachments!

6. Strangers in REGEDIT

7. Seeking Video E-Mail Comments

8. Dos sharing

9. Efficient Video Email Format?