Windows Media Player 7.1 won't do ANYTHING

Windows Media Player 7.1 won't do ANYTHING

Post by Gina » Mon, 24 Feb 2003 23:22:40

Someone please help me. I thought I had posted a letter
about this on here already but I can't seem to find it now
to check if I have a response.  So.... forgive me if
you've seen this already ...

Basically, media player 7.1 is completely useless to me
right now.  I open it and if I try to play anything, it
just gets stuck at changing media or opening media.  It
doesn't work on it's own - it doesn't work as a pop-up on
a web page.

I have a feeling that the problem has something to do with
my other media players - especially the Kazaa P2P program
I have running.  I believe that around the same time that
this problem occured, I upgraded my Kazaa version.  I've
tried to uninstall Kazaa and the media player and just re-
install the media player- but the same problem still
occurs.  Can anybody help?

1. windows media player 7.1 won't play internet media

i've recently updated my wmp to 7.1, but when i try and
download media/movies from the internet an error box
indicates that "it can't access the media, you may not be
connected to the network".  when i then try to access
another site, another error box says that no internet
connection is currently available (so i have to hit 'try
again' in order to go to another site).  it's like the
media player is kicking me off-line as it trys to donwload
a file.  i'm definitely connected the enitre time so i'm
not sure why this is happening. i'm using ie 5.5.  any
thoughts?  thanks in advance.

2. WindowXP Insatllation

3. Media Player 7.1 Won't Play Media

4. MSOffice and heavy GDI resource usage

5. Windows Media Player 7.1 vs original Windows Media Player in E-115 of Cassiopeia

6. Installing Windows XP new PowerrToys

7. Windows Media Player 7.1 won't play some MPEG videos

8. TweakUI error message

9. Security Update (Windows Media Player 7.1) ...Won't.

10. Windows Media Player 7.1 won't play some MPEG videos

11. windows media player won't play...version 7.1

12. window's media player won't inport anything into library

13. Windows Media Player problem - won't play anything!