Frequent PC re-boot

Post by sant » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 13:37:09

Hi,
Does anyone know how to re-solve the problem of frequent re-booting of computer
when I run a Windows Media Player files from an internet web sites? I'm using a
Windows media player 6.4 under Windows 98.
Thanks in advance,
Santi

Frequent PC re-boot

Post by zachd [ms » Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:36:13

There's not much to go on here, since you don't associate reboots with any
actions on your part.  Presumably your audio card is conflicting heartily
with your modem card,
 http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html
should address this (possible IRQ conflict) at some point, and if you can't
find anything useful,
 http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html#dsound
will help you at least work around the problem.

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some generally helpful WMP
info.

Does anyone know how to re-solve the problem of frequent re-booting of
computer
when I run a Windows Media Player files from an internet web sites? I'm
using a
Windows media player 6.4 under Windows 98.
Thanks in advance,
Santi

1. PC Re-boot when I insert USB Flash Drive

My PC re-boot when I insert a USB Flash Drive and a digital Camera then it
works fine there after until I log out and it happens again if I log on again
why is that? How can I prevent XP and W2k Prof not to automatically install
drivers but I install my my own? The PC have a USB Keyboard and Mouse

2. QuickCam Express Hangs in XP

3. Fax console causes PC to re-boot

4. MS PWS Basic Installation

5. My PC always suddenly re-boot

6. boot disk

7. PC re-boot

8. Wi-fi & bluetooth conflict

9. Added more RAM and PC just wants to re-boot!

10. Windows 2000 re-boot PC automatically after installed SP3

11. BOOT ERROR: No system file, press a key to re-boot.

12. IE6 - Flash causes computer to re-boot

13. IE6, OE6: Have to re-boot to regain internet access