Director 5

Post by Alyson Willi » Tue, 09 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to learn Lingo and getting stuck with the basics.  is there
anyone patient out there who would be prepared to answer some really dumb
questions please!

Alyson

Director 5

Post by _chri » Tue, 09 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> I am trying to learn Lingo and getting stuck with the basics.  is there
> anyone patient out there who would be prepared to answer some really dumb
> questions please!

> Alyson

You can find some books on lingo.  Go to amazon.com and do some
keyword searches.

--
_chris_

Director 5

Post by Warren Ockras » Tue, 09 Jul 1996 04:00:00

: I am trying to learn Lingo and getting stuck with the basics.  is there
: anyone patient out there who would be prepared to answer some really dumb
: questions please!

Buddha I can't believe I'm writing this, but... IDG publishes "Director 4
for Macs for Dummies" -- might be one place to go. There are other decent
books too.

        LAN/sysadmin & software developer: The HOTS Project/Supermath

Director 5

Post by Michael Bashist » Tue, 09 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I am trying to learn Lingo and getting stuck with the basics.  is there
> anyone patient out there who would be prepared to answer some really dumb
> questions please!

> Alyson

Alyson,

Check and search the archives at www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/director for
a lot of answers to many questions.

PS - there are no dumb questions if you don't know the answer.

Director 5

Post by Brian D. LaShom » Wed, 10 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> : I am trying to learn Lingo and getting stuck with the basics.  is there
> : anyone patient out there who would be prepared to answer some really dumb
> : questions please!

> Buddha I can't believe I'm writing this, but... IDG publishes "Director 4
> for Macs for Dummies" -- might be one place to go. There are other decent
> books too.

>         LAN/sysadmin & software developer: The HOTS Project/Supermath

I am finishing up the book "Lingo! - An advanced guide to Director's scripting
language" by Tab Julius (publisher of the Lingo User's Journal). I have found
this book to be very helpful in not only learning Lingo, but also basic
programming fundamentals. It is published by New Riders
(http://www.mcp.com/newriders). It comes with a CD including Macromedia's
KnowledgeBase for Director; which is a huge searchable database on common (and
not so common) methods, handlers and such and I for one find it invaluable. Just
my opinion, though.

Brian LaShomb

Director 5

Post by Brian D. LaShom » Wed, 10 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> > : I am trying to learn Lingo and getting stuck with the basics.  is there
> > : anyone patient out there who would be prepared to answer some really dumb
> > : questions please!

> > Buddha I can't believe I'm writing this, but... IDG publishes "Director 4
> > for Macs for Dummies" -- might be one place to go. There are other decent
> > books too.

> >         LAN/sysadmin & software developer: The HOTS Project/Supermath

I forgot to mention that there is a good Diretor FAQ at the site--
http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/director/faq/index.html

Brian LaShomb

Director 5

Post by Christoph Ping » Mon, 15 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> I am trying to learn Lingo and getting stuck with the basics.  is there
> anyone patient out there who would be prepared to answer some really dumb
> questions please!

> Alyson

A very good source are Gary Rosenzweig's Lingo Pages on the Web - very useful.
Here's the URL:
http://www2.csn.net/~rosenz/

Hope this helps

Christoph

1. Converting PC Director 5 to Mac Director 4

Hi All,

PC Dir 5 to Mac Dir 4 ?

I have created a presentation in PC Director 5

I need it to run on Mac Director 4

I know that I will have to re-create the program on the Mac

But is there any way I can export elements of the presentation
(e.g. cast, score, etc) in a sequence or way that allows me to
import them on the Mac

BTW, I have the transfer method sorted out, using Mac Opener

Any help would be really great,

Thanks in advance..

Regards

Nigel

2. Broswer broadcast to MAILSLOT questions

3. Director 5.0 to director 4.0

4. media player flickering

5. Director Question by Director Outsider

6. capture play state in plugin using format sdk.

7. Access code for Director CD in "Official Macromedia Director Studio" book?

8. System Policies and Registry Entries

9. director 4 to director 7

10. ******Director 5.0 PC from Director 4.0.4 MAc Question- Any Help!*******

11. export director movie to avi in Director 4.0

12. director 4.0 to director 5.0 conversion

13. Director help...linked Director movies