No Sound

Post by zachd [ms » Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:27:09

What kind of errors?

Windows Media Player uses a more advanced interface, which your sound card
may be erroring out when it tries to support it.
  http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html#dsound
should get you up and running up again.

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some generally helpful WMP
info.
--

Quote:> Windows Media Player 7.1 version.  Also have RealPlayer.
> RealPlayer shows under Multimedia in Programs/Accessories
> but Media Player does not.  RealPlayer sounds are okay.
> None for Media Player.  I assume both should be able to
> play.  I've tried to remove the Windows Media Player
> programs using the control panel.  No results.  I'm
> frustrated - not a real computer techy...just want my
> sounds that use MediaPlayer, such as 123Greetings.com to
> be there.

No Sound

Post by Caroline Gillan » Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:04:50

Many times there isn't an error.  It appears to play, but
without sound.  When I try the media player execute, the
error says "Can't play back the audio stream.  No audio
hardware is available or hardware is not responding.
0X80040256"
Quote:>-----Original Message-----

>What kind of errors?

>Windows Media Player uses a more advanced interface,

which your sound card
Quote:>may be erroring out when it tries to support it.
>  http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html#dsound
>should get you up and running up again.

>--
>(speaking for myself and doing this in my free time)
>See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some

generally helpful WMP
>info.
>--

in message

>> Windows Media Player 7.1 version.  Also have RealPlayer.
>> RealPlayer shows under Multimedia in

Programs/Accessories
Quote:>> but Media Player does not.  RealPlayer sounds are okay.
>> None for Media Player.  I assume both should be able to
>> play.  I've tried to remove the Windows Media Player
>> programs using the control panel.  No results.  I'm
>> frustrated - not a real computer techy...just want my
>> sounds that use MediaPlayer, such as 123Greetings.com to
>> be there.

>.

No Sound

Post by zachd [ms » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 06:31:03

Then
 http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html#dsound
should definitely fix your problem, since your sound card driver is broken.