Anyone now how to transker/keep artist/title/album assignments when reformatting HD & reinstalling WMP7?

Anyone now how to transker/keep artist/title/album assignments when reformatting HD & reinstalling WMP7?

Post by -P- » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 04:34:15

All:

Am looking at wiping my hard drive clean and reinstalling OS and WMP 7
(among other software).  I keep my music library on my D-Drive.  After I
install WMP7 how can I save all the artist name/title/album information that
I've set up for all my MP3s?  Is the a data file that I can copy over to my
D-Drive and then copy over my new WMP7 install to save my work?

-P-

Anyone now how to transker/keep artist/title/album assignments when reformatting HD & reinstalling WMP7?

Post by Andrew McDonal » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 05:43:39

MP3s can save information etc. in the files themselves. Open the in WinAmp
and see if it reads the same artist info. Then you can just copy the files
across when you reformat, and it should save the info. As for things like CD
tracks you may have titled yourself, I'm not sure. They're stored in the
central media library somewhere.

Andrew

Quote:> All:

> Am looking at wiping my hard drive clean and reinstalling OS and WMP 7
> (among other software).  I keep my music library on my D-Drive.  After I
> install WMP7 how can I save all the artist name/title/album information
that
> I've set up for all my MP3s?  Is the a data file that I can copy over to
my
> D-Drive and then copy over my new WMP7 install to save my work?

> -P-

Anyone now how to transker/keep artist/title/album assignments when reformatting HD & reinstalling WMP7?

Post by JS » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 06:03:50

Look for a file called something like "wmplibrary_v_0_12.db". I found this
in the Windows Folder but it could also be found in C:\Windows\Application
Data\Microsoft\Media Player.

HTH :-)

--
Regards