redirect sound to another computer...

Post by blas » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 00:34:08

I want to redirect the sound output of MediaPlayer to the
sound card on another computer on the network.  is that
possible?

some background:  I want to do this because the other
computer on my home network is connected to my home stereo
system.  but I don't want to have to go to that other
computer when I want to play some music.  I want to be
able to play something from my laptop, but have it play
thru the computer connected to teh stereo...

thanks, blas.-

redirect sound to another computer...

Post by Jim Travis [ms » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 12:21:40

Do you have WindowsXP? If you do, you could use the Remote Desktop
Connection feature. That way, you'd be able to control Windows Media Player
on your desktop from your notebook as if you had a remote control. So,
instead of playing the music from your notebook, use your desktop as a media
server and use your notebook as a remote control. In fact, Pocket PC 2002
would be even cooler for this.

In Windows 2000, this was called Terminal Services.

--
Jim Travis
Microsoft Corp.

Quote:> I want to redirect the sound output of MediaPlayer to the
> sound card on another computer on the network.  is that
> possible?

> some background:  I want to do this because the other
> computer on my home network is connected to my home stereo
> system.  but I don't want to have to go to that other
> computer when I want to play some music.  I want to be
> able to play something from my laptop, but have it play
> thru the computer connected to teh stereo...

> thanks, blas.-

redirect sound to another computer...

Post by Tench » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 13:25:13

if you have winamp you can open all files you can open in wmp.
then you can setup one of the many output plugins for sending
sound over a network available from winamp.com for free.

Quote:> I want to redirect the sound output of MediaPlayer to the
> sound card on another computer on the network.  is that
> possible?

> some background:  I want to do this because the other
> computer on my home network is connected to my home stereo
> system.  but I don't want to have to go to that other
> computer when I want to play some music.  I want to be
> able to play something from my laptop, but have it play
> thru the computer connected to teh stereo...

> thanks, blas.-

1. W2K problem with redirecting sound to a USB device

Hi

I have problem to redirect sound output to USB device. The
machine is a laptop - Dell Latitude C600 with W2K. The USB
sound device is Sony PCLink.
When I connect the PCLink to the USB port Windows correctly
recognizes it as a USB sound device. Then if I set it as
the "Preferred Device" (Audio tab of the Control Panel |
Multimedia setup window ) and check the "Use only preferred
device" option sound is still processed by the sound card.
 According to my understandig, the sound card should be
"turned off" this way and the sound output should be the
processed by the USB device.
I can't make Windows to work this way.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Mira

2. How Do I Uninstall MSIE5?????

3. Redirecting Line In on Sound Card

4. Sharing a Group Address

5. redirect sound output....

6. opening bandwidth

7. Can't see redirected drives in My Computer when remote connection established!!

8. Slow display

9. How redirect sound ?

10. sounds sounds sounds

11. Sounds sounds sounds

12. No sound or sound cracked sound

13. CD/DVD Drives Don't Play Sound Through Sound Card, Instead As Wave Sound - Help?