WM Encoder 9 to WM on NT4

Post by David Dodel » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 15:52:29

I am trying to setup for a live broadcast for our
association using WM Encoder 9 and Windows Media on NT4

I have a Unicast Publishing Point configured with the
path:

msbd://ipserveraddress:7007

WME9 asks for a server address; I put in ipserveraddress
and try to start, but it comes back and says it can't
start a connection because it is incompatible.

Do I need an older version of Encoder to make this all
work ... I really wish there was better documentation on
all of this

Thank you.

David

WM Encoder 9 to WM on NT4

Post by Jeff Woito » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 09:25:10

We dropped the MSBD protocol with WME7, so you should use HTTP going forward.

--------------------

Subject: WM Encoder 9  to WM on NT4
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 22:52:29 -0800

I am trying to setup for a live broadcast for our
association using WM Encoder 9 and Windows Media on NT4

I have a Unicast Publishing Point configured with the
path:

msbd://ipserveraddress:7007

WME9 asks for a server address; I put in ipserveraddress
and try to start, but it comes back and says it can't
start a connection because it is incompatible.

Do I need an older version of Encoder to make this all
work ... I really wish there was better documentation on
all of this

Thank you.

David

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use.
? 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
I regret that I cannot reply to you if you email me directly.  It is better that you post your question back to the newsgroup -
more people will see your question and be able to offer help, and to learn from it as well.
Also, if your issue is too complex to resolve easily in a newsgroup, it might be time to open a support incident and get live
phone support from Microsoft.  See http://microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/support.asp for other support options.