video email&compression

Post by jdani.. » Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I have a Rainbow Runner videoboard and the ulead editing software and
would like to send short video clips through the E-mail but a 20sec.
clip runs around 19meg...way to big for E-mail.  I have seen video
E-mail before and wonder how it's done. Also would like to know how
they are compressed and sent through the newsgroups..
IE...what software do I use to get them down to a manageable size and
where can I download It.  I would enjoy sending out video Christmas
cards to my E-mail friends this year.

Thanks in advance and please send advice to

                John

video email&compression

Post by Wim Vreugdenhi » Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Check this site: http://www.real.com/products/tools/

Met vriendelijke groeten (with kind regards)
Wim Vreugdenhil, netherlands

www.bid.nl

<><

>I have a Rainbow Runner videoboard and the ulead editing
software and
>would like to send short video clips through the E-mail but
a 20sec.
>clip runs around 19meg...way to big for E-mail.  I have
seen video
>E-mail before and wonder how it's done. Also would like to
know how
>they are compressed and sent through the newsgroups..
>IE...what software do I use to get them down to a
manageable size and
>where can I download It.  I would enjoy sending out video
Christmas
>cards to my E-mail friends this year.

>Thanks in advance and please send advice to

> John

video email&compression

Post by Dave Heylige » Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>>I have a Rainbow Runner videoboard and the ulead editing
>software and
>>would like to send short video clips through the E-mail but
>a 20sec.
>>clip runs around 19meg...way to big for E-mail.  I have
>seen video
>>E-mail before and wonder how it's done. Also would like to
>know how
>>they are compressed and sent through the newsgroups..
>>IE...what software do I use to get them down to a
>manageable size and
>>where can I download It.  I would enjoy sending out video
>Christmas
>>cards to my E-mail friends this year.

John -

If you and your friends are all PC based, there is an
excellent product from Alaris that creates self-
contained EXEs you just double-click to see video with
audio that's reeeel teeeny (and email-ready).

I took a 7 second, 240x180 4MB file {raw uncompressed}
AVI and made a 336KB EXE that runs on any PC. I was
actually astounded by the compression since I took this
same raw video and use both Cinepak and MS codecs,
both of which ended up over 1MB (!)

I believe the site is www.videogram.com. Have fun.

--
Dave Heyliger - Rocky Mountain Multimedia, Inc.
http://www.rockmedia.com/multimedia

Specializing in Internet Kiosks, Kiosk Software,
and Computer Based Training (CBT) Software Development

Also Home of the Web Kiosk Commander and Kiosk-in-a-Box
The affordable code-free kiosk software solutions - just add content!

video email&compression

Post by Georg » Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Visit "http://www.pcww.com" to check out "SLIM SHOW". Makes self-running
EXE projects with only 55 KB multimedia engine.

> I have a Rainbow Runner videoboard and the ulead editing software and
> would like to send short video clips through the E-mail but a 20sec.
> clip runs around 19meg...way to big for E-mail.  I have seen video
> E-mail before and wonder how it's done. Also would like to know how
> they are compressed and sent through the newsgroups..
> IE...what software do I use to get them down to a manageable size and
> where can I download It.  I would enjoy sending out video Christmas
> cards to my E-mail friends this year.

> Thanks in advance and please send advice to

>                 John

1. video frame PAIRS (to allow interframe compression) into DirectShow (compression) transform filters

Hi-

We're developing a transform filter which needs to do frame differencing
between adjacent video frames flowing into the filter from a video capture
source filter.  I know that this technique is very common for video
compression schemes, so I'm just assuming that the DirectShow streaming
architecture has some accommodations for it.  I've soured the available
documentation, but it seems that source filters only pass a SINGLE frame at
a time to downsteam filters.

Does this mean that my filter must do a COPY of each frame into some
filter-local private storage just to still be have access to it one frame
later?  Seems very inefficient, especially for compute-intensive filters
like video compression.

Is there any way to convince a video capture filter to perhaps ping-pong
into a pair of buffers for downstream filters to analyze?

thanks

2. Format&Eject ZIP Drive without Admin-Rights?

3. Video capture & compression on a 486 or Cyclone

4. Joystick with Windows NT 4.0

5. No compression when combining voice & video

6. Where to find a good installer program?

7. Q: video compression & recording

8. After SP3... Office Developer Cannot be installed & HP ScanJet...

9. Call for Papers: Image & Video Compression

10. Setting Audio & Video options (Exposing Capture and Compression Formats)

11. CFP - Digital Video Compression: Algortihms & Technologies 1995

12. Real-time video compression & transmission

13. CFP - Digital Video Compression: Algorithms & Technologies 1995