Complete uninstall of Media Player

Post by Matthe » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 02:01:48

Thank you for your response, I also need to uninstall
the original media player as well, any thoughts on how to
achieve that? Thanks again!!
.
Quote:-----Original Message-----

>The player's release notes and
> http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html#wmp9rollback
>cover this...

>-Zach
>--
>(speaking for myself and doing this in my free time)
>See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some
helpful WMP info.
>Following up to your post with the resolution is good
netiquette.
confers no rights.
>All e-mail to this account will bounce or be deleted -

*use the newsgroups*.

>--

>> I have a 3rd party appilication that is crashing. The
>> manufacturer tells me the I have to re-install it, but
>> must remove Windows Media Player temporarily. I do not
>> see it listed in the Add/Remove programs list. Can
>> someone please help me figure out how to uninstall it.
>> am perfectly comefortable downloading and reinstalling
>> it, but need someone's expertise to remove it.

>> Thanks for your help!!!!

>.

Complete uninstall of Media Player

Post by CarolRedmon » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:51:28

Go to Control Panel from Start Menu, hit install/uninstall
programs, find Windows Media Player, highlight it/ hit
uninstall (not change) and see what happens. I had to do
that with wmp9 3 times

1. Uninstalling Media Player 9 and Installing Media Player 7.1

Is there any problems regarding uninstalling Media Player
9 and installing/downgrading it to Media Player 7.1?

Ever since I got Media Player 9 there has been a number of
issues such as full screen not working, or it not saving
the brightness/gamma settings, and it just doesnt work for
me like 7.1 did. Its not a driver or hardware issue, i
posted about that earlier... its the program itself. So
basically i have decided it would be best to go back to
WMP 7.1.

And basically i would like to uninstall it, and install,
or downgrade it to version 7.1... so i wondering if there
would be any problems doing that?

--> Such as, should i simply run the install file for WMP
7.1 and i wouldnt have any problems installing?
--> OR if i have to uninstall WMP 9 FIRST than install
7.1, if so - how would i uninstall WMP 9? - through
the "ADD/REMOVE Windows Components" and uncheck the media
player, than run the WMP 7.1 installation?

Thanx.

2. Device won't start (code 10) - could this mean bad mobo??

3. Complete uninstall of WindowsMedia Player and reinstall

4. CE.NET: Configue Remote Connection...

5. Media Player 9 - Setup not complete

6. dispinterface methods - out parameters

7. Media player uninstall

8. bsod or reboot when copying CD

9. uninstall media player 9.0

10. media player 9 beta (uninstall?)

11. need to uninstall windows media player version 7.1

12. ???????Uninstalling Media Player 9???????????

13. uninstalling media player 9