Video Email

Post by Nick K » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 01:15:56

I want to build a video email application. Can anyone point me to some code
samples for reading from my web camera and microphone and storing into a
media file? Would .avi be the best file format?

Video Email

Post by Cesar Garci » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 02:32:53

You should use the Windows Media Encoder SDK.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/wmencode/htm/windowsmediaenco...

The WMV format will give you better quality and compression than AVI.
http://microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/WM8/video.asp

  I want to build a video email application. Can anyone point me to some code
  samples for reading from my web camera and microphone and storing into a
  media file? Would .avi be the best file format?

1. Send *Video* email messages over internet!

There is a new product in the stores now (or soon) that enables you
to create video email to send over the internet (or Compuserve, or AOL, or...)

The picture quality is very good, and a frame rate of 20 fps is common at
a very high quality picture.  The best news is that -- because of our
compression technology -- it is not a net hog like you might expect.  For
example, I can create a video email (VMail) message 2 minutes long and it
will take less that 1 MB in space.

What's even better, is that when it creates the video message, it embeds
a player into the message, so that once the person on the other end receives
the VMail, they can just play it without special hardware or even
owning the software product that created the VMail.

The product is called AudioVision by Smith Micro Software, and in addition
to creating VMail, it is also a surprisingly good video telephone for your PC.

If interested, check out our web site:

http://www.teleport.com/~pciwww/

or contact your local computer SW store.

2. to dev. and Nicholas.

3. video e-mail

4. CHKDSK runs on every boot

5. Send Video Email with NO File attachments!

6. I LOVE AMETHYST

7. Seeking Video E-Mail Comments

8. MY PC FREEZES

9. Efficient Video Email Format?